Sponsored

JL Audio C2-400x speakers in dash and rear pods?

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Crutchfield configurator says no-go, but I’ve seen posts from users installing these. Will they work in both dash and rollbar locations (non-B&O), and if so, do they require any modification?
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They may say no because I see there are 4 tabs to screw in the speaker in. They aren't just easy tabs to take off, look a little more robust. In my 21 4 door, there were only 2 tabs so I needed to modify my Alpine speakers to make them fit. I cut 2 tabs and worked them in. Front dash I had to modify a bit too but you can see numerous videos out there on how that looks. I wouldn't be worried as I think most 4" will fit with some minor mods.

I was at Best Buy and their computer said only 3.5" speakers and I told them that was wrong because of the videos posted on forum and they looked at my pods and said I was right. They think their computer told them 3.5" b/c it knew the fit was going to be very snug or need modification for 4".

Last edited:

fyremn76

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crutchfield configurator says no-go, but I’ve seen posts from users installing these. Will they work in both dash and rollbar locations (non-B&O), and if so, do they require any modification?
Wondering if you ended up with the c2‘s and if they worked out, trying to decide between the c1 and c2 4” For the dash and pods in my raptor

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I run 4in JL C2's in my dash and rear pod and a 6.5in in the kick panel. They fit fine.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wondering if you ended up with the c2‘s and if they worked out, trying to decide between the c1 and c2 4” For the dash and pods in my raptor
I ended up using Polks.

Sponsored

fyremn76

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I run 4in JL C2's in my dash and rear pod and a 6.5in in the kick panel. They fit fine.
How is the sound for you after the change, did you just swap out speakers or did you add anything else, dsp, amp , etc?

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not sure on the C2's vs C1's but when I installed C1's in the dash I could leave all four mounting tabs intact with no issue. I also put C1-650 in the kick panels. Put Focal 4" in the rear pods based on some reviews on here of those speakers. Had to cut the tabs on the Focals for the rear pods.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is the sound for you after the change, did you just swap out speakers or did you add anything else, dsp, amp , etc?

I swapped out the factory speakers on the first weekend of ownership. They are much clearer and sharper sounding. Right now they are running off the factory radio.

I do plan on adding a kicker 200.4 key amp at some point but not yet.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine fit fine. I did buy a different set of install rings (I think I noted them in my purchase list). Then there was the set that came with the speakers. Not exactly what set I used off the top of my head. In the end they fit.