Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think some people value the ability to return to stock easily if needed.
But it's a known fact the stock speakers are trash. I guess I've replaced the speakers on 5/6 vehicles. Only one I haven't is my newest just because I haven't got around to it. But it and the Bronco will be getting speakers this spring when I feel comfortable taking the plastic bits out.

That being said none of those 5 other vehicles got the stock speakers put back in 🤷🏻‍♂️

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought something similar to this off Amazon (but was a four pack). Yes it is true that they do not fit exactly but they do connect good enough as not to slip off. I had to bend the two metal prongs in the adaptors down a little for them to slid into the holes easier, but that was it. The biggest thing is making sure you have your positive and negative lined up. However, I dont think it's necessary to have them line up and snap in perfectly for these to work. Besides, like the other poster said, you could just cut them off and add regular old speaker connectors too.

I just wouldn't let these imperfect connectors hold you back to new good speakers!

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are you trying to put the metra 5602's?
I saw where they fit in the kick panel.
The kick panel speakers have a different connector style than the 4" locations.

Sponsored

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question ... why are plug and play harnesses needed? Are you really going to put the stock speakers back in it? Can't you just cut far enough down the factory harness to splice it back together?
If you have electrical issues down the road the first thing the dealer will point to is a cut or altered harness. Not going to happen here.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have electrical issues down the road the first thing the dealer will point to is a cut or altered harness. Not going to happen here.
Um.... It's just speaker wire, they cannot make the leap if you have an electrical problem to blaming you for adding aftermarket speakers.... Speakers wires are not part of the vehicles 12 volt electrical system any more than your home speakers are to your home's electrical wiring....

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reaching a little on that one. There are Ford master service techs on this forum asking to diagnose a noise their motor makes ... I think you're giving them too much credit if you think they'll realize you have aftermarket speakers.

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reaching a little on that one. There are Ford master service techs on this forum asking to diagnose a noise their motor makes ... I think you're giving them too much credit if you think they'll realize you have aftermarket speakers.
Ditto! See my post above ;)

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought something similar to this off Amazon (but was a four pack). Yes it is true that they do not fit exactly but they do connect good enough as not to slip off. I had to bend the two metal prongs in the adaptors down a little for them to slid into the holes easier, but that was it. The biggest thing is making sure you have your positive and negative lined up. However, I dont think it's necessary to have them line up and snap in perfectly for these to work. Besides, like the other poster said, you could just cut them off and add regular old speaker connectors too.

I just wouldn't let these imperfect connectors hold you back to new good speakers!
Can you share the Amazon link? These won’t attach to the existing Bronco connector the metal connectors are not same size

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not exactly stealth, but out of the way and it sounds great! It has a metal case so no worries about it being back with whatever I carry.

436C1492-BA47-4DB0-A488-EF7085366078.jpeg

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know this is old but did the plugs work without issues in the factory harness?
I used these same connectors and they worked great. I didn’t use any filters on my install.
Sponsored