Zeaks

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Wildtrak/19 FX4 Exp Max
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do the same Forscan changes apply to the 2024 models? I know they have most of the wiring included but I didn't see anything past 2023 models in this thread so I was curious if they are any different. .
Sponsored

OP
OP
RoverDude

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I assume it'd be the same thing, the module still needs to be programmed, and the vehicle needs to know that the module's there.
2024 just has the wiring already ran.

Zeaks

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Wildtrak/19 FX4 Exp Max
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I assume it'd be the same thing, the module still needs to be programmed, and the vehicle needs to know that the module's there.
2024 just has the wiring already ran.
Sounds good, thanks for the response. I was about to order from Ford Accessories using my Ford Pass points but I waited a couple hours too long and it sold out. Hopefully they have them again before the 15% off ends at the end of the month. I'll report back when I can get this installed.

Does anyone have any experience on how long it has taken to be back in stock when they have sold out?

autobahn

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Quick report. On my MY24 Outer Banks I intsalled the Ford trailer hitch and associated trailer module. For My24, the wiring was already there so just plug and play module installation. I testing using a 4 pin tester and all lights worked without needing Forscan mods. I tried following RoverDude's guidance (Thank you! BTW) on Forscan programing above but found there were a few differences. This was my very first attempt at using Forscan. I backed-up all of the as-built modules and started making as many changes as I could find. The good news I now have a tow module under features that seems to look like its supposed to. The bad news I still seem to have a DTC error. There was one module I couldn't find ( IPCM ). I also added the trailer light check feature using easy menu. Sway control seems to be on by default. Is that normal?

edit:
1986Bronco: seems you had the same error but not sure how you cleared it?
I see RoverDude mentioned try "write-all" in TRM module I may have just written the individual line.

Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) error

Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) towin

Last edited:
OP
OP
RoverDude

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you write the entire trm module?
Even if the values are exactly the same.
Try saving all for that module.

Sponsored

1986Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 V90 T6 Polestar, 2018 4Runner, 1990 Pao
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Write all was not the fix for me.

I kept getting the error so I undid my changes and redid them a couple of times then I started messing with APIM settings that dealt with trailering stuff. I saved each time and reverted back each time, always making sure to cycle the start engine button as indicated. In the end, I kept RoverDude's settings and cleared the error code a couple of times then it took. I wish there was more rhyme or reason to it. I heard that sometime Forscan changes take some cycles to take.

And, do you have a 7 pin tester? Is your battery charge wire active? I think RoverDude indicated that the battery charge wire does not work until the DTC error is cleared.

Last edited:

autobahn

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
sooooo . . . I just tried a few things. I did a write all of the TRM module. I coundn't find IPCM but I found IPC, I guess the M stands for module and it had the two codes in there. I changed one since the other was off a little. That still didn't seem to fix the problem. Then I thought more about how the OBDII reader works and I found a liitle button that said something like "clear codes" so I clicked that. Then I restarted the Bronco and reran a button that said read DTC codes and viola the TRM module error was gone. I started the car a couple of times and reran the DTC codes and they don't seem to be coming back but I'll see in the next few days.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

another Forscan observation from a newbie:
1) When I first tried hooking up the vehicle it kept trying to pair using bluetooth. I finally figured out I could look up in device manager and see the USB device was connected to COM port 7. I manually entered port 7 into Forscan and since then it just connects automatically
Sponsored