Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I ordered my Base 2dr back in Jan 2022, there was no option to add an OEM hitch. By the time I picked up my little pony wiring, all was in the accessories catalogue. So I decided to skip this particular mod by @BudgetBronco, use the OEM equipment and have Ford install it.

So I went down to Lake Ford in Milwaukee, WI, where I picked the Bronco up, ordered the parts and made an appointment. They still have my truck, but here's how it's going...

Lake Ford quoted ~2hrs for the wiring based on Ford's "Plug'n'Play" estimates. Turns out it's running closer to 8hrs (Lake Ford holding to the original quote). And I just got off the phone with the service rep manager, who wanted to confirm I wanted the electronic brake control before they tear into the dash to install the switch.
Update:
The total time was approximately 14hrs of work and the switch was placed in the center console but right side up (I think?)

Otherwise a clean install and totally worth it.

-------------------------------
I doubt I'll have the truck back before the end of the week, which is fine. They gave me a free loaner until the work is done, and I'd rather they do the work slowly and correctly and not feel rushed.

I'll grab some photos once I get her back.

20221029_175148.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you need the brake controller? What are you planning on towing? Can't be that big as the 2 door is so short.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm doing the same, my Bronco is on the train and I am dumb/brave enough to do it on my own.

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When I ordered my Base 2dr back in Jan 2022, there was no option to add an OEM hitch. By the time I picked up my little pony wiring, all was in the accessories catalogue. So I decided to skip this particular mod by @BudgetBronco, use the OEM equipment and have Ford install it.

So I went down to Lake Ford in Milwaukee, WI, where I picked the Bronco up, ordered the parts and made an appointment. They still have my truck, but here's how it's going...

Lake Ford quoted ~2hrs for the wiring based on Ford's "Plug'n'Play" estimates. Turns out it's running closer to 8hrs (Lake Ford holding to the original quote). And I just got off the phone with the service rep manager, who wanted to confirm I wanted the electronic brake control before they tear into the dash to install the switch.

I doubt I'll have the truck back before the end of the week, which is fine. They gave me a free loaner until the work is done, and I'd rather they do the work slowly and correctly and not feel rushed.

I'll grab some photos once I get her back.
8 hours is not unreasonable honestly.
But should not have to open dash ( depends on location you want dial)

Link below for what the OEM should generally take.

https://www.bronco6g.com/diy-factory-tow-package-using-oem-parts-and-forscan/

OP
OP
Gabby

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, 8hrs isn't. I think it will go ~12-16hrs, which 🤷‍♀️

The switch I have is a rocker and they have to pop a option cover off to install, hence the dash removal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gabby

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's not always about heavy towing. The 7 pin also includes an aux power line and expanded light control. But even some of the open car haulers have the electric brakes now so 🤷‍♀️

fishinhunter12391

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not always about heavy towing. The 7 pin also includes an aux power line and expanded light control. But even some of the open car haulers have the electric brakes now so 🤷‍♀️
What Did this end up costing you? Im near milwaukee myself

Gulftrack

Wildtrak
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco wild trak, 22 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just did the same. They quoted me 4 hours and were done in 3.5.

OP
OP
Gabby

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What Did this end up costing you? Im near milwaukee myself
I'm still in process. But it'll probably end up between 1500-2k. Mind you I bought some parts retail and let the dealer install them.
Sponsored