Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am in need of adding a trailer hitch to my First Edition. Unfortunately the dealer didn't order the towing capability pack. However, in digging around the truck I noticed a harness in the drivers footwell for the trailer brake controller is installed (up near center console junction).

Does anyone have info on what it would take to add factory tow to this? Buying the towing module and 7-pin harness to install?

Searched the forums, but info on the factory setup seems difficult to come by.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are about a 100 threads on here about towing.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are about a 100 threads on here about towing.
Yes, and all that I can find relate to adding the accessories package 4-pin. My question isn't related to that. My question is about adding the factory 7-pin, including all of the factory modules.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, and all that I can find relate to adding the accessories package 4-pin. My question isn't related to that. My question is about adding the factory 7-pin, including all of the factory modules.
I'm not trying to be difficult or unhelpful, but there is actual a full tutorial on here about someone that installed the 7pin by themselves with wiring diagrams and help supplied by @flip. The search function sucks, I get it, but I just think you will have trouble starting up another thread on this as it has been beaten to death, resurrected and then beaten to death again. I hope you find that which you seek.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The dealer didn't add tow because the tow package was not available for a 4 door First Edition. If your trying to get factory tow with all the modules, integration, self sense, brake controller etc, you will be the first to do so, and it will be a bumpy ride.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a couple guys doing what I'll call, trailer braking "lite". It's basically the hitch, Curt tail light converter that's spliced into a 7 pin connector, Lumen brake controller with the blue brake signal wire ran back to the 7 pin. No backup lights but you will have turn, park, stop, trailer braking and 12V+ for break away battery charging if you want.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are a couple guys doing what I'll call, trailer braking "lite". It's basically the hitch, Curt tail light converter that's spliced into a 7 pin connector, Lumen brake controller with the blue brake signal wire ran back to the 7 pin. No backup lights but you will have turn, park, stop, trailer braking and 12V+ for break away battery charging if you want.
Thanks. I'm trying to avoid the hybrid solution if I can, as I'd prefer full factory integration. I don't mind paying up for the parts if it's feasible.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am in need of adding a trailer hitch to my First Edition. Unfortunately the dealer didn't order the towing capability pack. However, in digging around the truck I noticed a harness in the drivers footwell for the trailer brake controller is installed (up near center console junction).

Does anyone have info on what it would take to add factory tow to this? Buying the towing module and 7-pin harness to install?

Searched the forums, but info on the factory setup seems difficult to come by.
Best thread is here:
Curt’s plug-in-play wiring harness has dropped.

Looks quite a bit easier than the Ford unit.

https://www.curtmfg.com/part/56468
37FC6BA6-1057-4674-8268-F2F92C745E16.jpeg

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. None of those answer the question.
Well, it was all" similar posts"..... you may have to go this on your own and blaze the trail.

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

yes i am following as well really nothing 7 pin related in forums -everything is 4 pin curt related.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I'm trying to avoid the hybrid solution if I can, as I'd prefer full factory integration. I don't mind paying up for the parts if it's feasible.
I don't know if it's possible. You can buy the OE TT module, but will have to get around the programming which is VIN specific. You'll have to add several wires from front to rear and enable functions in the BCM, possibly. If money is not a concern that's one thing, finding someone that can do it is a completely different problem.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at what the TFL guys did on their 4dr FE. Video can be found on YouTube of them towing the Ike Gauntlet with the Bronco -
Sponsored