Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks promising. So, the only difference that I can tell are the pin for plow and the pickup truck icon instead of the Bronco. Which, do any of you have experience changing/removing buttons from controls? I want to assume it’s just a gentle trim tool - pull straight out - kinda thing. I attempted it and it seemed the top portion unclipped easily enough. But, I didn’t want to push it and break it. I’ll go ahead and plug it in and see if it works first.

IMG_5218.jpeg
I think you're venturing out into the unknown at this point. Looking forward to hearing of your successes!
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugh...I wish I read into the service manual prior to buying this F150 module...now I wonder if the original module can just be programed to activate the rear defrost?

NOTE: If installing a newHVAC module, it is necessary to upload the module configuration information to the scan tool prior to removing the HVAC module.

This information must be downloaded into the new HVAC module after installation.

Is this SCAN TOOL they speak of FDRS?

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh...I wish I read into the service manual prior to buying this F150 module...now I wonder if the original module can just be programed to activate the rear defrost?

NOTE: If installing a newHVAC module, it is necessary to upload the module configuration information to the scan tool prior to removing the HVAC module.

This information must be downloaded into the new HVAC module after installation.

Is this SCAN TOOL they speak of FDRS?
When you do the PMI process in FDRS it'll do all what you're referencing. My personal recommendation would find and install the hvac module intended for a Bronco. But I'm sure that takes all the fun out of it. 🙂

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When you do the PMI process in FDRS it'll do all what you're referencing. My personal recommendation would find and install the hvac module intended for a Bronco. But I'm sure that takes all the fun out of it. 🙂
I wonder what my dealer would charge to run the PMI process. They’re the only ones that can do it, right?

What does a PMI process do exactly? I’m a n00b when it comes to modern vehicle tech and especially electronics.

Can that scan trick the system into making the mirror defrost button power the grid?

I guess I hastily just expected it to be plug & play.

I guess the number of pre-prep kit standard equipment models in the junkyard are slim.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder what my dealer would charge to run the PMI process. They’re the only ones that can do it, right?

What does a PMI process do exactly? I’m a n00b when it comes to modern vehicle tech and especially electronics.

Can that scan trick the system into making the mirror defrost button power the grid?

I guess I hastily just expected it to be plug & play.

I guess the number of pre-prep kit standard equipment models in the junkyard are slim.
You can do it yourself with this one https://a.co/d/cTMVbsr a copy of FDRS and a 72 hour license, but if you're a noob I'd be careful with what you're messing around with.

You can't just "turn on" the mirror defrost, as it's a bit more complicated than that. As far as what PMI process does, this video explains it well:

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks @RustysBronco. I got myself pretty well versed in Forscan - but, FDRS seems like a whole other ball field. I will review that video. I don't want to turn on mirror defrost - I want the mirror defrost button to activate the rear defrost grid just like the updated HVAC controls perform. But, I am guessing that is a hardware and software update and my F150 module experiment was a waste of $...

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Will these instructions work with the Turn Off Road Hardtop?