First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After having to forgo the Lux pkg, I felt quite disappointed about losing the wireless phone charger in the center console. Initially, my plan was to install a magsafe charger, but I struggled to find an OEM-looking solution. After days of searching the internet, I eventually stumbled upon a fantastic alternative from Boost Auto that closely resembled an OEM product, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome!

The installation process turned out to be relatively straightforward since they provided all the necessary hardware. The most challenging part was probably removing the horizontal panel between the center console and the AC control. Fortunately, their excellent Youtube installation video proved to be incredibly helpful.

Now, I can charge both Android and Apple phones without any issues, and the rubber material securely holds the phone in place. I'm confident that even during rough rock crawling, the phone will stay firmly fixed.

Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_4513
Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_4514
Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_4515
Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_4518
Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_4519
Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_4520
Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_4521
Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_4522
Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_4523
Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_4526
Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_4527
Sponsored

Last edited:

BT Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco Wildtrak / ā€˜05 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great, thanks for sharing! Do you have a link to the kit you bought? Iā€™m in the same boat with my WildTrak. I put a MagSafe charger in there but would like something cleaner.

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great, thanks for sharing! Do you have a link to the kit you bought? Iā€™m in the same boat with my WildTrak. I put a MagSafe charger in there but would like something cleaner.
I donā€™t think Iā€™m allowed to share the link but if you search Boost Auto on google, itā€™s the first website that pops up, and from there, you can navigate to Ford > Wireless chargers > Bronco
Good luck!

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I donā€™t think Iā€™m allowed to share the link but if you search Boost Auto on google, itā€™s the first website that pops up, and from there, you can navigate to Ford > Wireless chargers > Bronco
Good luck!
Why can't you share it on here? Interested in long term reviews of it.

Sponsored

eqlol

Everglades
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Following this thread lol might get this too now...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nicely done.

The OEM wireless charger is garbage - I was excited for it, but I never use it because of its poor quality. Thanks @Ford Motor Company (y)

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Silly question... assuming you can charge via the pad and the USB-C at the same time?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Silly question... assuming you can charge via the pad and the USB-C at the same time?
Yeah the ports still work fine

TXHillCountry

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Expedition Max, 2013 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're not missing out on Ford's built in wireless charger. It absolutely does not work. If you take the case off the phone, wiggle it for a few seconds to find the sweet spot it'll charge for 2-3 minutes tops before stopping.

I'm going to 3d print a Magsafe holder. The hard part is going to be disassembling parts of the dash and center console to install it.
https://www.printables.com/model/470228-magsafe-charger-mount-for-ford-bronco
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...harger-install-in-factory-location-diy.32069/

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're not missing out on Ford's built in wireless charger. It absolutely does not work. If you take the case off the phone, wiggle it for a few seconds to find the sweet spot it'll charge for 2-3 minutes tops before stopping.

I'm going to 3d print a Magsafe holder. The hard part is going to be disassembling parts of the dash and center console to install it.
https://www.printables.com/model/470228-magsafe-charger-mount-for-ford-bronco
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...harger-install-in-factory-location-diy.32069/
I was gonna pursue this method until I found out that my center console does not have the rectangular cutout. I had to either make a janky cut myself or replace the entire center console so the plan kinda ended there.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After having to forgo the Lux pkg, I felt quite disappointed about losing the wireless phone charger in the center console. Initially, my plan was to install a magsafe charger, but I struggled to find an OEM-looking solution. After days of searching the internet, I eventually stumbled upon a fantastic alternative from Boost Auto that closely resembled an OEM product, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome!

The installation process turned out to be relatively straightforward since they provided all the necessary hardware. The most challenging part was probably removing the horizontal panel between the center console and the AC control. Fortunately, their excellent Youtube installation video proved to be incredibly helpful.

Now, I can charge both Android and Apple phones without any issues, and the rubber material securely holds the phone in place. I'm confident that even during rough rock crawling, the phone will stay firmly fixed.

Never thought it was something I'd miss until I've been in a Model 3 for the last 15 months with dual wireless charging docks (driver/passenger) that actually charge the phones - but Tesla doesn't use battery draining CarPlay.

How is the charging when connected wirelessly through CarPlay?

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never thought it was something I'd miss until I've been in a Model 3 for the last 15 months with dual wireless charging docks (driver/passenger) that actually charge the phones - but Tesla doesn't use battery draining CarPlay.

How is the charging when connected wirelessly through CarPlay?
It's a 15w charger (Lux wireless charger is 5w) so the phone charges just fine even when it's connected via Carplay. After 25min commute this morning my phone was at 99% when I parked the car and got out.
Sponsored