First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking of trying this no drilling and it looks like the closes to the factory wireless charger

Maxzina Fit 2021 2022 2023 Ford Bronco Automatic Center Control Wireless Charger Charging Pad for 2023 Bronco Accessories 2/4 Door https://a.co/d/1dPUH1j

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

nice hack. i value that space for other random items and a phone taking it up serves no purpose to me. also i like to be able to see my phone as i drive while using carplay as it doesn't let you perform all fuctions off the acm. this is my solution https://coursemotorsports.com/produ...mount-ford-bronco-2021?variant=44623348597042
Any chance you could please measure the ball on that? That would be an awesome solution for me to use my existing quad lock setup on their ball.

EDIT - NVM so their ball is 17MM, my existing ball is 20MM which i didn't realize I could disassemble. So i bought their mount, the 1" ball, and a quad lock 1" ball to use with a short RAM arm. I would have saved myself some money if I didn't rush but whatever, I am going to try this setup with the RAM mount, and worse comes to worse if I want to eliminate the sue of the RAM arm I can just spend another $25 on the 20MM ball Course sells too.

Last edited:

vluft

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I 3d printed one for the magsafe puck. holds the phone well but the "This USB device is not supported please remove" nag on every start is a bit annoying (still charges fine though).

Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_1164

Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_0079

Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY IMG_0078

OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking of trying this no drilling and it looks like the closes to the factory wireless charger

Maxzina Fit 2021 2022 2023 Ford Bronco Automatic Center Control Wireless Charger Charging Pad for 2023 Bronco Accessories 2/4 Door https://a.co/d/1dPUH1j
Ford Bronco Wireless charger DIY 캡처.JPG

Won't work unless you have the cutout in the compartment ("Optional models with Lux Package come with wireless charging pads.")

Sponsored

hokiejerm

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Gray Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nice hack. i value that space for other random items and a phone taking it up serves no purpose to me. also i like to be able to see my phone as i drive while using carplay as it doesn't let you perform all fuctions off the acm. this is my solution https://coursemotorsports.com/produ...mount-ford-bronco-2021?variant=44623348597042
Did you install with the wireless charging magsafe head, and do you have a pic?
Looks like a great option - says it comes with a 12v cigarette lighter adapter, but assuming the cable is usb.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you install with the wireless charging magsafe head, and do you have a pic?
Looks like a great option - says it comes with a 12v cigarette lighter adapter, but assuming the cable is usb.
Yes I used their head and the cable that comes with it is usb to c. I’ll try to get a pic but they have a pic on the site

hokiejerm

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Gray Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I used their head and the cable that comes with it is usb to c. I’ll try to get a pic but they have a pic on the site
Thanks. Pics on the site look good just none with the wire run from the head to the usb port. Mainly wanted to confirm the provided cable is sufficient so thank you!

Jeremy

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yeah, i used a longer cord than the one they sent. due to charging other usb-c implements when needed.

JRW5574

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After having to forgo the Lux pkg, I felt quite disappointed about losing the wireless phone charger in the center console. Initially, my plan was to install a magsafe charger, but I struggled to find an OEM-looking solution. After days of searching the internet, I eventually stumbled upon a fantastic alternative from Boost Auto that closely resembled an OEM product, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome!

The installation process turned out to be relatively straightforward since they provided all the necessary hardware. The most challenging part was probably removing the horizontal panel between the center console and the AC control. Fortunately, their excellent Youtube installation video proved to be incredibly helpful.

Now, I can charge both Android and Apple phones without any issues, and the rubber material securely holds the phone in place. I'm confident that even during rough rock crawling, the phone will stay firmly fixed.

How long have you had this installed? Anything you're unhappy with? Thank you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long have you had this installed? Anything you're unhappy with? Thank you.
For about a week now. No complaints but I keep forgetting to take the phone out of the car now lol

Delight

Big Bend
First Name
Delight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've used this same one in my BB for over a year now. Works fine...sometimes have to wiggle the phone (iPhone 14 max) a bit to get it set properly. Only downside is the small visible power cord that is plugged into the port.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I 3d printed one for the magsafe puck. holds the phone well but the "This USB device is not supported please remove" nag on every start is a bit annoying (still charges fine though).

Route the cable to an adapter in the 12V outlet in the center console and it should charge faster & you won't get that pop up. I had to use a USB-C extension cable because the magsafe cords are too short.
Sponsored