First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Azure Grey Wildtrak 4dr, 2014 Black JKURX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve read for the past two years of issues of heat and disconnecting on the 21 and 22 Broncos, my 23 has never had any issues with my iPhone 14pro. I wonder if that was a hardware fix or maybe it had this software fix?
I have an MY23 Wildtrak with LUX and an iPhone 12 Pro. On a recent road trip, the factory wireless charger consistently overheated my iPhone to the point of thermal shutdown. With and without a case and careful center placement on the mat.

I wonder if some of the MY23 have the software fix (i.e. yours but not mine).
Sponsored

OP
OP
KurtHu

KurtHu

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Azure Grey Wildtrak 4dr, 2014 Black JKURX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did something very similar. The phone charges quicker for sure, and i know that it's in the right spot with the magsafe puck. Think I paid like $14 for the charger.
I plugged a USB-C power meter inline between the center console USB-C port and an Apple MagSafe wireless charger and it appears the port will only do 5V and the MagSafe charge will draw around 2 amps, maybe a bit more. Whereas, when the MagSafe charge is plugged into an Apple 20W power adapter in the house, it will always use 9V and at most around 1.5 amps.

BTW: I also had overheating problems when trying to charge my iPhone 12 Pro with a USB-C to Lighting cable on a recent road trip. Has anyone else tried a USB-C power meter in the Bronco? I used this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5W5NKKN

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The wireless charger in my 2021 Badlands is pretty useless. I don't even use it anymore. I'll have to see about the update. Thanks
I'm going to try mine again also....
Sponsored