Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone with a recent soft top build take any pics of the hard top prep kit hookups and controls? I’m just curious how they integrated the controls.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you mean? The wipe wash is part of the turn switch and rear defrost is in the climate control head. These were always in parts catalogue so instead of 6 different hvac options they are down to 4. There is a bracket on the rollbar for top attachment. Sorry, no pics.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe the prep kit is mostly just the plumbing and wiring for rear defroster and wiper

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you mean? The wipe wash is part of the turn switch and rear defrost is in the climate control head. These were always in parts catalogue so instead of 6 different hvac options they are down to 4. There is a bracket on the rollbar for top attachment. Sorry, no pics.
Any insight on whether the rear defrost in the climate control head is any different than the unit with the button for the heated side mirror?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the list of heads for auto climate control but there is a difference for pre and post prep. I don't know what is different internally but the head likely just signals the BCM to turn the defrost on and either controls it by timer or some sort of load sensing. I don't know if anyone has tried to fit the later one and program their pre prep BCM (or if it's even has that function built in) with Forscan to make it work.
Ford Bronco Hard Top Prep Kit controls 1686050740334
Sponsored