Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Either one of these possibly M2DZ-19980-C or M2DZ-19980-D
Haven't dug into switching on the rear defrost yet. Need to get a voltage tester from amazon soon to see if I need to enable anything in forscan as well.
so I ordered the other components but the HVAC head unit I am confused On which one to order. I believe it is the -D model as I have heated seats and heated steering wheel but both state without heated rear window. I don’t know what the heated rear window means. Also hoping these head units will have the digital displays on them like my current model. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Designkid

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so I ordered the other components but the HVAC head unit I am confused On which one to order. I believe it is the -D model as I have heated seats and heated steering wheel but both state without heated rear window. I don’t know what the heated rear window means. Also hoping these head units will have the digital displays on them like my current model. Thoughts?
You need -D. I think the description is messed up because further into it says for dual ac, with heated steering wheel, with heated back glass (defrost)

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does someone have a complete list of parts? I am expecting an Advanced Fiberglass Concepts top in a month or so and would like to have everything on hand when it arrives.

I have a2021 Big Bend.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does someone have a complete list of parts? I am expecting an Advanced Fiberglass Concepts top in a month or so and would like to have everything on hand when it arrives.

I have a2021 Big Bend.
At one point they said they’ll be offering kits. Wonder where that stands.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still makes me a bit angry that Ford ever sold broncos without the hard top prep kit :/
(and that mine was one of them, lol)

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At one point they said they’ll be offering kits. Wonder where that stands.
I believe that there’s a list that has been created, it may be spread across a couple of posts here.
I will try to compile it and share.
I also am going to review the owners manual for rear window wiper and defroster operation and try to verify that the wiring is in the vehicle.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still makes me a bit angry that Ford ever sold broncos without the hard top prep kit :/
(and that mine was one of them, lol)
We feel really bad for you pre-revision-1 people who got your Broncos like a year and a half ago...

lilkajun

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Either one of these possibly M2DZ-19980-C or M2DZ-19980-D
Haven't dug into switching on the rear defrost yet. Need to get a voltage tester from amazon soon to see if I need to enable anything in forscan as well.
Any update on this? I also have a pre hard top prep kit Bronco and looking to add the necessary wiring.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Designkid - any word on if defrost works with heated mirrors? I have no need for wiper + fluid - but, if that harness powers up the rear defrost with a click of that button, I’m happy. Just got a MIC top.

Otherwise - I’m digging a bit deeper.

OP
OP
Designkid

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Designkid - any word on if defrost works with heated mirrors? I have no need for wiper + fluid - but, if that harness powers up the rear defrost with a click of that button, I’m happy. Just got a MIC top.

Otherwise - I’m digging a bit deeper.
Kinda dropped looking deeper into all of it since winter rolled around and finances took a hit on the house addition overages. Hard top will have to wait a bit more

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kinda dropped looking deeper into all of it since winter rolled around and finances took a hit on the house addition overages. Hard top will have to wait a bit more
All good. I’m gonna order that cord and I’ll report back.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I installed the wire assembly (M2DZ-15A657-A) and no dice using the mirror defrost. I have a sneaky suspicion there is a module in Forscan that needs to be enabled for rear defrost. I’ll do some digging tomorrow (my Forscan laptop is at work).

Upon visual inspection - there are matching wires on each side of the harness. So, the likelihood that the factory wiring is in place is a pretty good chance.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This got me thinking…those with the Prep Kit from factory - but, Standard Package…what is the defrost button on the HVAC controls? Is it the mirror icon?

Ford Bronco DIY Hard Top prep kit 7CA41B4A-E78F-424D-BA48-E6832AC3CCA3

@flip - any input is appreciated.

I can care less if my HVAC controls aren’t visually updated - but, can we expect that mirror button to perform like the higher packages. Assuming theirs has the R icon - but, defrosts the mirrors as well. That is the case, right?

Ford Bronco DIY Hard Top prep kit DE32CC66-D62C-4FBA-B42D-6AF2C99EEAFF
Sponsored

Last edited: