WestTex

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Swapped out my Chrome Bucking Bronco Rear Emblem for Ford OEM Gloss Black Bronco Emblem like Wildtraks have. Super easy process. If any one else is thinking about doing it, go for it.
Step 1: Tape off chrome emblem with painters tape to ensure the new one will be in same location.
Step 2: Use heat gun on emblem for about 30 seconds to a minute until pretty warm to touch.
Step 3: Use fishing line to get behind old emblem and pry it off.
Step 4: Cleaned area of residue with thumb first to remove leftover 3M adhesive then use microfiber cloth and windex. Dry area with microfiber cloth.
Step 5: Remove backing of new emblem and line up emblem inside painter's tape. Press down firmly on emblem to ensure adhesion.
Step 6: Remove painter's tape and admire new emblem.

Supplies: Heat gun (or hair dryer), fishing line (or dental floss), microfiber cloth and cleaner, OEM M2DZ-7842528-B Black Bucking Bronco Tailgate Emblem for 2021-2023 Ford Bronco https://a.co/d/2zIIc5s

Ford Bronco DIY Tailgate Bronco Emblem Swap 20230408_104541

Ford Bronco DIY Tailgate Bronco Emblem Swap 20230211_153728

Ford Bronco DIY Tailgate Bronco Emblem Swap 20230211_153644
Ford Bronco DIY Tailgate Bronco Emblem Swap 20230211_153323
Sponsored

JKryptonite

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice write up. I have one up on sale section if anyone wants to do this swap. I Bought it for badlands and ended up ordering wildtrack. If no one buys it it will prob end up on my toolbox. 🤘🏼

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Swapped out my Chrome Bucking Bronco Rear Emblem for Ford OEM Gloss Black Bronco Emblem like Wildtraks have. Super easy process. If any one else is thinking about doing it, go for it.
Step 1: Tape off chrome emblem with painters tape to ensure the new one will be in same location.
Step 2: Use heat gun on emblem for about 30 seconds to a minute until pretty warm to touch.
Step 3: Use fishing line to get behind old emblem and pry it off.
Step 4: Cleaned area of residue with thumb first to remove leftover 3M adhesive then use microfiber cloth and windex. Dry area with microfiber cloth.
Step 5: Remove backing of new emblem and line up emblem inside painter's tape. Press down firmly on emblem to ensure adhesion.
Step 6: Remove painter's tape and admire new emblem.

Supplies: Heat gun (or hair dryer), fishing line (or dental floss), microfiber cloth and cleaner, OEM M2DZ-7842528-B Black Bucking Bronco Tailgate Emblem for 2021-2023 Ford Bronco https://a.co/d/2zIIc5s

Nice! Thanks for publishing. Im putting on a white horse!

Sponsored

Catmandu1999

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Triumph Spitfire
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmmm. Very nice write up. I thought I wanted to go all black, to include classic script on the front fenders. But currently, the tailgate is stock with blue oval, chrome pony, plus a gold medallion addition particular to me. And I just did the US flag stickers on the front BRONCO. Maybe I'll just leave it all mixed up.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have black and was thinking about changing it to chrome.
Everything is black on mine and I'm bored of everything matching, but I guess it'll stay like that so it's more cohesive or something 😒

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice write up. Question though: can I use fishing line to floss my teeth?

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice write up. Question though: can I use fishing line to floss my teeth?
I work in the filament technology industry. Dental floss is typically made from 420 denier coated nylon and I believe fishing line is made from gelspun polyethylene in a range of sizes. Theoretically you could use it, but it may be harsh on your gums. 😂

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmmm. Very nice write up. I thought I wanted to go all black, to include classic script on the front fenders. But currently, the tailgate is stock with blue oval, chrome pony, plus a gold medallion addition particular to me. And I just did the US flag stickers on the front BRONCO. Maybe I'll just leave it all mixed up.
Right! I was going to go with the white top, white wheels, Heritage look, until I thought about keeping the wheels clean, and then decided to buy the "black" twill Skyrider from Besttop. So now that a white top is out, I've decided to keep the white trim pieces more subtle as accents. I am enjoying the various color schemes everyone is coming up with according to individual taste . . . knowing that if you can change it once, you can change it again!

Sponsored

GmoneyDD

First Name
GmoneyDD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This will be helpful for others looking to do the same thing. I swapped out the silver Bronco emblem for a black as well. And also swapped out the Ford emblem with an all black replacement from Etsy.
Ford Bronco DIY Tailgate Bronco Emblem Swap 5B7D7E0A-38C8-47A8-A398-9F96580109D9
Do you have the Etsy link by chance?

Shawshank

Outer Banks
First Name
Shandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 1998
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice write up. I have one up on sale section if anyone wants to do this swap. I Bought it for badlands and ended up ordering wildtrack. If no one buys it it will prob end up on my toolbox. 🤘🏼
…..instantly imagined you mounting it on your tool box!

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added the black Bronco when I added the Black Script on the fenders.

2457DF77-84A1-4476-AE0A-21FC8AFBE846.jpeg
80C95AD8-0F4A-4CE4-B96D-BCDBF99BCAC4.jpeg