Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a JBL soundbar installed at my dealer in my 2022 Bronco -- when i picked it up it sounded like crap - after a week of calls the dealership was told by Ford that the software does not work on the 2022 -- after trying to call myself (transferred 7 times then hung up on) I finally used this forum to reach out -- Just got a call from ford regarding the JBL Soundbar -- They have no idea when they will be able to make it work -- I'm out over $1000 not to mention my time -- DO NOT BUY if you have a 2022

Update:

SSM 50580 - 2022 Bronco - Ford Accessory JBL® Soundbar - Programming Difficulty
Some 2022 Bronco vehicles that have added the Ford accessory JBL® soundbar may experience difficulty in programming after installation. This may be due to the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) function not successfully programming this accessory to the vehicle’s factory sound system. FDRS software has been updated to support a successful installation of the Ford accessory JBL® soundbar. Perform the FDRS programming function again using the installation instructions provided with the speaker on vehicles that meet this criteria.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmmmm....maybe its 2022 only. We put it on a 2021 this week and it works great.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder what’s different in the software. Also it’s super annoying that you’re out the money. I’m assuming @Ford Motor Company hasn’t offered to make it right?

RaceRedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your experience. The pricing on that JBL speaker is way to high imo. There are much better solutions out there for a lot less

OP
OP
22BlackDiamondGreen

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
22BlackDiamondGreen

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder what’s different in the software. Also it’s super annoying that you’re out the money. I’m assuming @Ford Motor Company hasn’t offered to make it right?
That's who called and basically said sorry for your luck "we're working on it"

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

there is more than one jbl sound bar - people just get the one thats in ford catalog that bluetooth only - on jbl website can get the better version with built in amp that a hard wire sounds much better and does not need ford dealer program .

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d be demanding my money back then. They can keep the product until they sort it out.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe the same reason that Forscan doesn't work on MY22s.

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a JBL soundbar installed at my dealer in my 2022 Bronco -- when i picked it up it sounded like crap - after a week of calls the dealership was told by Ford that the software does not work on the 2022 -- after trying to call myself (transferred 7 times then hung up on) I finally used this forum to reach out -- Just got a call from ford regarding the JBL Soundbar -- They have no idea when they will be able to make it work -- I'm out over $1000 not to mention my time -- DO NOT BUY if you have a 2022
Good to know as that was the first mod on my list. Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
22BlackDiamondGreen

22BlackDiamondGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to be clear -- My dealer (Bill Collins Ford) has been great and continues to try to get the fix (that Ford has no idea when or if they'll figure out)

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is a defective product- have then remove and refund your money - if thy can not fix it after 3 tries - tell them it is now a lemon...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

there is more than one jbl sound bar - people just get the one thats in ford catalog that bluetooth only - on jbl website can get the better version with built in amp that a hard wire sounds much better and does not need ford dealer program .
I can't see how this would work because the head unit is the one filtering the signal. The reprogramming is what opens that up.... Unless that's the change? I wonder if 2022 they removed that stupid rear limitation?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got our FAD rep contacting JBL for help but presume this is a FDRS issue and software hasn't been released yet but assume it's in the works.

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Skip the soundbar and get yourself a Mackie Freeplay for around 250 bucks.
Throw it in back seat and you're all done.
Portable and multiple uses... now you can even have yourself some car/campsite Karaoke, or a PA to run your guitar/voice through or play some mating calls to attract in wildlife or a potential mate

This thing is very loud and like an old school boombox keeping in in the retro style of the Bronco

you could have 4 of these (300 watts each & 8 inch woofers) for the cost of 1 soundbar and that would blow the roof off...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mackie-F...o-4-Channel-Mixer-Personal-PA-System/48570028

Ford Bronco DO NOT BUY JBL Soundbar if you have a 2022  FIXED 1644682030420

Ford Bronco DO NOT BUY JBL Soundbar if you have a 2022  FIXED 1644682071740
Sponsored

Last edited: