Sponsored

Does anyone make ditch lights that turn on when you use your turn signals or turn your wheel?

Thestralcowboy

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before my Bronco I had a Jetta with the most amazing headlamps. A separate, 45° fog lamp would illuminate either side of the turning wheel direction based on the turn signal or the wheel turning below 25mph, and would dim out after two or three seconds of the wheel being returned to center. I’d love to replicate that in the Bronco with ditch lights somehow. Does anyone do this out of the box, or have a solution?
Sponsored

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before my Bronco I had a Jetta with the most amazing headlamps. A separate, 45° fog lamp would illuminate either side of the turning wheel direction based on the turn signal or the wheel turning below 25mph, and would dim out after two or three seconds of the wheel being returned to center. I’d love to replicate that in the Bronco with ditch lights somehow. Does anyone do this out of the box, or have a solution?
My 2019 Ram did that. Loved it! Going around the corner and would light up and illuminate the side the area you couldn't see.

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ditch lights are not street legal though right? So, how can use this feature only when you are offroading?

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That would not be legal.

OP
OP
Thestralcowboy

Thestralcowboy

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AHA I’m looking for a “Cornering Light” which, let’s face it, is a downward, outward facing light that’s not a “ditch light” for purely comical legal reasons. If any of the big companies have a “cornering light” solution, that’s what we need!

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not just put in a set of wide angle fogs that do the same thing but are always on.?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Thestralcowboy

Thestralcowboy

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: Looks like Destination Bigfoot Bronco had the same idea
I like this idea, but European cars have a fantastically wide angle light that illuminates the entire left or right front around corners. Having the knuckle mount is cool but it’s limited to the inside wheel angle. There are some I found for industrial applications but they don’t necessarily work with the Bronco.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Does anyone make ditch lights that turn on when you use your turn signals or turn your wheel? IMG_3840

I added these cheap lights just above the skid plate. Used an auxiliary switch. It’s hard to see at night through my tinted windows but these help. Would love for someone to figure out how to use them with turn signals or when you turn your wheel.

OP
OP
Thestralcowboy

Thestralcowboy

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Does anyone make ditch lights that turn on when you use your turn signals or turn your wheel? IMG_3840

I added these cheap lights just above the skid plate. Used an auxiliary switch. It’s hard to see at night through my tinted windows but these help. Would love for someone to figure out how to use them with turn signals or when you turn your wheel.
I like this solution best so far. The problem with ditch lights mounted up top is you blind anyone to your right or left if left on for a couple blocks. This keeps it low and out of the eyes of other people/traffic.

Mr Toad

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be road legal, any supplemental corner lights would have to be mounted below the headlights and be compliant with the SAE J583 fog pattern. These have a sharp vertical cut off to prevent blinding oncoming traffic while illuminating the fog lines and shoulders of the road. My aging eyes had troubles with turning into unlit streets so I installed these inexpensive but well built LED fog lamps (https://amzn.to/4aCwcBa) on the corners of my modular steel bumper with existing bolts. It was a cinch to connect to one of the 10A Aux switches, which are ignition switched so they turn off when the vehicle is shut off if you forget to flip the AUX switch off. They are only 480W but seem to light up the periphery about the same as the main headlights, and don't blind oncoming traffic. The difference is quite significant- I feel a whole lot better about making those turns onto unlit side streets.
Ford Bronco Does anyone make ditch lights that turn on when you use your turn signals or turn your wheel? BroncoFogs - 2
Ford Bronco Does anyone make ditch lights that turn on when you use your turn signals or turn your wheel? BroncoFogs - 3

Ford Bronco Does anyone make ditch lights that turn on when you use your turn signals or turn your wheel? FogsOff
Ford Bronco Does anyone make ditch lights that turn on when you use your turn signals or turn your wheel? FogsOn
Ford Bronco Does anyone make ditch lights that turn on when you use your turn signals or turn your wheel? FogsOff2
Ford Bronco Does anyone make ditch lights that turn on when you use your turn signals or turn your wheel? FogsOn2
Sponsored

Last edited: