First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anybody figure out how to bypass the 5mph kill for the side spots?
Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is great, although none of it makes sense to me.
I've been trying to find a way to make use of those lights built into the mirror that don't work unless you're pretty much at a stand still.

StogieDave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2005 Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I actually ordered the light from a Raptor to see if I could get it to work. Looks like the connector for the Raptor to the light is 3 pins and my Wildtrak is 2 pins. Does anyone know the part number for the Raptor connector by any chance?

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I actually ordered the light from a Raptor to see if I could get it to work. Looks like the connector for the Raptor to the light is 3 pins and my Wildtrak is 2 pins. Does anyone know the part number for the Raptor connector by any chance?
Interesting since the Rapfor lights do not flash (from what people have said) I wonder why three wires. Unless they can still be used as white spots as well. Hmmm

StogieDave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting since the Rapfor lights do not flash (from what people have said) I wonder why three wires. Unless they can still be used as white spots as well. Hmmm

It looks to me like there are 3 bulbs in the Raptor light. yellow marker light/turn signal front, read marker light rear and spot lamp. Maybe spot is one, marker is one and turn signal is the third?

Ford Bronco Mirror spots change to turn signals. IMG_3906
Ford Bronco Mirror spots change to turn signals. IMG_3907

Sponsored
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It looks to me like there are 3 bulbs in the Raptor light. yellow marker light/turn signal front, read marker light rear and spot lamp. Maybe spot is one, marker is one and turn signal is the third?

IMG_3906.jpg
IMG_3907.jpg

i’d think ground, amber and red for the wires

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody figure out how to bypass the 5mph kill for the side spots?
There is a thread on here that describes how to wire the spots into an AUX switch, and you can use a diode if you still want to use the buttons.

Can't believe it's been so long since I've posted here. I've been wanting to try to take the lense housing apart and see if I can add a small yellow LED for a marker light and another for the signal.

Jace 21583

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is a thread on here that describes how to wire the spots into an AUX switch, and you can use a diode if you still want to use the buttons.

Can't believe it's been so long since I've posted here. I've been wanting to try to take the lense housing apart and see if I can add a small yellow LED for a marker light and another for the signal.
Haha life gets in the way of posting at times. Yeah I saw that thread about wiring them into an aux switch but I wanna keep them on the side spot switches. It was an easy jump wire in my 18 raptor....wish it was that easy in the bronco 😏

StogieDave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I think I could figure out the wires coming from the body side, it is the 3 wire connector on the Raptor mirror lamp I would ahve to figure out and find a way to connect the wires without the connector :)

StogieDave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I think I could figure out the wires coming from the body side, it is the 3 wire connector on the Raptor mirror lamp I would ahve to figure out and find a way to connect the wires without the connector :)

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha life gets in the way of posting at times. Yeah I saw that thread about wiring them into an aux switch but I wanna keep them on the side spot switches. It was an easy jump wire in my 18 raptor....wish it was that easy in the bronco 😏
Sorry I can't help you with that. Only thing I can think of would be to take a 12V battery and try some wires until you find which wire lights up which light. Could blow them if you aren't careful though. ;)
Sponsored