Sponsored

Does anyone think I have a shot at receiving my Bronco?

jrosa

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reaching out for honest opinions and the brutal truth…. Maybe some optimism. Everything I’m seeing looks like Ford is in no way pumping out Bronco orders.

In November 22 I placed my order for:

-Outerbanks
- 4 door
-Sasquatch
-Hard Top
-Lux Package
-Mod steel Bumper

I know these are all big no no’s to get a Bronco quick but they are all must haves for me. Does anyone think I will get my order in this calendar year?

My worry is that if I don’t have it by November my order will not automatically transfer to a 2024 order and I will have to start from scratch all over. Thoughts? I know I haven’t waited nearly as long as most out there, but wanted to get thoughts from everyone else.
Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved mine 2 and a half years ago in July 2020. Ordered as soon as the order banks opened. When the 2021 order banks closed, I had to submit a new order for a 2022. Then when 2022 order banks closed, I had to submit a new order for a 2023. Mine is finally built and should arrive at the end of the month. All I wanted was a manual 2-door base.

Wait what was your question? Oh yeah, uh, you'll get yours this year

OP
OP

jrosa

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved mine 2 and a half years ago in July 2020. Ordered as soon as the order banks opened. When the 2021 order banks closed, I had to submit a new order for a 2022. Then when 2022 order banks closed, I had to submit a new order for a 2023. Mine is finally built and should arrive at the end of the month. All I wanted was a manual 2-door base.

Ha! Appreciate you.

Sponsored

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You should press your dealer for its allocation for your OBX with the options you have ordered for MY 2023. They may have to dig a little to review their ‘23 orders vs. allocation, by model and options.
There is an allocation algorithm for each model. Based on the different options. For example you may have downgrade from LUX to High, because all their OBX LUX’s have been allocated. It definitely depends on your dealers allocation. Good luck!

OP
OP

jrosa

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great insight. Thank you! I’ll reach out to them and see what they say.

TSB0491

Heritage
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Reaching out for honest opinions and the brutal truth…. Maybe some optimism. Everything I’m seeing looks like Ford is in no way pumping out Bronco orders.

-Outerbanks
- 4 door
-Sasquatch
-Hard Top
-Lux Package
-Mod steel Bumper

I know these are all big no no’s to get a Bronco quick but they are all must haves for me. Does anyone think I will get my order in this calendar year?

My worry is that if I don’t have it by November my order will not automatically transfer to a 2024 order and I will have to start from scratch all over. Thoughts? I know I haven’t waited nearly as long as most out there, but wanted to get thoughts from everyone else.

How did you place a new MY2023 order in November 2022? The order banks were only open for dealers to convert/rollover your existing MY2022 order.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
-Sasquatch
-Hard Top
-Lux Package

Nope. But maybe, but doubtful

Leave the order in, but plan on 2024

I'd drop the lux for a better chance

Ford basically told people what to do to get built. They have no incentive to try to get this built. They want to get out of reservations and price protection, and you basically handed them a way to do it.

no one knows for sure, but I'd say odds are against you

Last edited:
OP
OP

jrosa

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How did you place a new MY2023 order in November 2022? The order banks were only open for dealers to convert/rollover your existing MY2022 order.
I believe order was placed by dealer
fair question. Not too sure. I think my dealer might have done me a favor and pulled some strings for a work around.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jrosa

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe order was placed by dealer

fair question. Not too sure. I think my dealer might have done me a favor and pulled some strings for a work around.
Correct. Order banks were closed for new customers. Though I am a new customer I think they placed the order under their name.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I ordered they told me they expected it in summer time to a year.
MY DEALER SAID!!!!! 🍻

"My Dealer Said..." is a drinking game we play here whenever somebody posts up info that came from their dealer ... because dealers are notorious for for being perpetually wrong or outright lying about, ... well ....anything and everything really.

To be clear... as you read below, I am not challenging you, but I am challenging your dealers statements.

-Outerbanks
- 4 door
-Sasquatch
-Hard Top
-Lux Package
-Mod steel Bumper
Though I am a new customer I think they placed the order under their name.

What proof do you have that the order was actually placed?
Did they give you a copy of the DORA?

(Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement)

It was my understanding that for a certain time, the dealers could order stock units but those orders were VERY limited in the options they could choose... No Squatch, No MIC, No 2 doors, ....essentially Base, Big Bend, OBX and an occasional Black Diamond , 4 door , softy with Mid, at the most.
So, there were some dealers that would place a "dealer stock" order for a customer, but they HAD to be the plain janers as noted above. The system wouldn't accept anything else.

Yours is very far from meeting the "plain Jane" criteria.

So I am genuinely curious what the dealer is up to here.
There are a lot of folks that have put down payment money on fictitious orders because the dealer could not enter the order, but figured they could lock in the future sale by taking the down payment and misleading the customer into believing they have a legit order submitted.

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base

I wonder if it also has to do with other things. I ordered a base 2 door with the automatic transmission (driving manual on the 405 twice a day during rush hour isn't fun) and the keypad. Ordered February 28th, 2022 and arrived October 03, 2022 (7 months).

Rgarthwaite

Badlands
First Name
Randi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a Badlands in Nov 22 and I just received it yesterday!!

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if it also has to do with other things. I ordered a base 2 door with the automatic transmission (driving manual on the 405 twice a day during rush hour isn't fun) and the keypad. Ordered February 28th, 2022 and arrived October 03, 2022 (7 months).
I was being sarcastic.

Mine took so long because I ordered through granger and got mine for $1k below invoice, saving thousands on it. Ford credited granger with barely any allocation and caused all their customers broncos to be very delayed. I was stubborn and waited because I didn't wanna support greedy dealers
Sponsored