Sponsored

Does Ford fine dealerships who get bad reviews or do bad dealers fine sales people?

NstlgiaMble

Outer Banks
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was recently told that if I was honest about my terrible experience on the survey from Ford that my sales person would get fined. Does anyone know if that is Ford policy to fine the dealership and they pass the fine to the sales person or does the dealership itself just fine a sales person for the sales managers decisions? (It's my understanding that front line sales people have very little say about what they sell a car for when a customer pushes back, they certainly don't set ADMs.)
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some dealerships have a CSI component built into their pay plans that could affect pay but usually not sales. If you want to blast Ford, blast Ford. If you feel like you had a good or bad sales experience, let that be known as well. Ford does not penalize dealers for bad Google reviews. We get dinged more for not getting the modem activated.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Obviously Ford can't fine dealerships otherwise we wouldn't be subjected to all the dealer BS that is going on. I think the only thing Ford can do is alter/reduce allocation of vehicles.

OP
OP
NstlgiaMble

NstlgiaMble

Outer Banks
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I confirmed with my sales person they will take 10% out of his pay for a bad review. Other articles I've found support it. I have no problem with him, but his sales manager, in my opinion, was awful and dishonest which means the dealership that keeps him on payroll is the same.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I confirmed with my sales person they will take 10% out of his pay for a bad review. Other articles I've found support it. I have no problem with him, but his sales manager, in my opinion, was awful and dishonest which means the dealership that keeps him on payroll is the same.
That's not your problem. Either give them the truth or don't submit a review. Ford used to tell us survey coaching was against their program rules years ago when they really focused on them. By giving them a good review all you're doing is telling a fib and telling them they don't need to improve. F that! If we f up, I want to know. If we do good, I want to know.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems unlikely to me. Sounds more like the sales guy trying to guilt you into not leaving a negative review.

OP
OP
NstlgiaMble

NstlgiaMble

Outer Banks
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's not your problem. Either give them the truth or don't submit a review. Ford used to tell us survey coaching was against their program rules years ago when they really focused on them. By giving them a good review all you're doing is telling a fib and telling them they don't need to improve. F that! If we f up, I want to know. If we do good, I want to know.
Yeah my plan is to just not respond, their dishonesty isn't going to make me dishonest.

Seems unlikely to me. Sounds more like the sales guy trying to guilt you into not leaving a negative review.
And Zombie I believe my sales person, fool I may be, they didn't drill holes in my truck for a useless license plate bracket, they don't cook up the fees or markups and they don't have any power to give out discounts either. I hope things work differently in Canada than they do here, but I doubt it.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Salespersons have zero to say about a vehicle's pricing. Their job can be placed in jeopardy for lying, but that is difficult to prove- and what could they lie about? Anything you are promised should be in writing. If a sales manager is a dick- and that is a distinct possibility-name names! Ford does want to know about that (but if he/she is making the owner a butt-load of money, things will get "overlooked" by that owner, not Ford). Disclaimer: as a former sales manager for both Ford and Chevy, there are dicks on BOTH sides of the table. Don't be "that guy", it can only hurt your ability to negotiate. Sugar...

OP
OP
NstlgiaMble

NstlgiaMble

Outer Banks
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Salespersons have zero to say about a vehicle's pricing. Their job can be placed in jeopardy for lying, but that is difficult to prove- and what could they lie about? Anything you are promised should be in writing. If a sales manager is a dick- and that is a distinct possibility-name names! Ford does want to know about that (but if he/she is making the owner a butt-load of money, things will get "overlooked" by that owner, not Ford). Disclaimer: as a former sales manager for both Ford and Chevy, there are dicks on BOTH sides of the table. Don't be "that guy", it can only hurt your ability to negotiate. Sugar...
i am done with the purchase. The fact they drilled holes into my truck after repeatly asking them not to pretty much tipped the negotiating scale for me.
Sponsored