Sponsored

Does the ford cargo drawer fit in the raised lit storage cover?

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wasn’t able to find a definitive answer to this but in a 4dr bronco, is it possible to have both the raised lid cargo area storage unit installed and then install the cargo storage drawer inside it? I’d like a storage area cover and drawer system but not sure Fords offerings will work together.
Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I only have the raised lid enclosure, but I lose probably an inch on both sides of the cargo area. I'm guessing it would take some cutting to make it work.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the link! That one looks like the answer and I love it can be broken down and removed fast.

Pricey as heck though, but I’m finding fast that this is a seriously expensive hobby.
That's for sure! Another thread is, the $100K Jeep, and I opined that my total rig (I paid admin) is probably up there, too. But I got out on some trails in New Hampshire yesterday, enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Regarding these two options: I do have the Ford Cargo drawer. It's built by Tuffy, so if you search with that name you might find it discounted somewhere--same product. Always ask for senior citizen or vet/1st responder discounts if you qualify. I have it, and it's great: strong, good sliders. There is a 1-inch gap left and right sides. I put my square plywood jack base on one side, squeeze in umbrellas and things on the other. Love that drawer. Also lockable, for us gun owners.

Heads up: most of this accessorizing is steel, and you're adding weight to an already heavy truck.

There are a lot of home shop-designed storage and sleeping systems on various threads. If you're handy, look for them. A few guys will make you a custom storage bin or drawer. A simple, carefully cut plywood piece can straddle the ledges of the wheel wells. You could slip that in and out very easily.

Boy, if my wife knew what I'm spending on this!
Sponsored

Last edited: