Sponsored

Does the Ford tune "disable" Auto Start Stop? Any YouTube videos how to use it?

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Editing this to clear up that it isn't disabled. Just stays how you left it now. Does not automatically return to "ON" after restarting or changing GOAT modes.

I had the Ford Tune installed on my 23 2dr last week. I noticed now then auto start stop stays either on or off. Did the tune do this? I was never one to be annoyed by it, just think it's weird that it stays where I left it now instead of always turning back on. Can't think of any other reason it would start acting differently.

Also, Are there any YouTube videos showing how to use the little programmer? I didn't look hard, but I can't even see where you plug it in. I heard it has some extra digital gauges you can watch? Thought I might plug it in and run it on the window for a couple days and see what it does
Sponsored

Last edited:

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes the tune does disable Auto Start/Stop

Sponsored
OP
OP
Danny's Bronco

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes the tune does disable Auto Start/Stop
THanks!

It actually remembers your setting not disables it, correct? Like if you leave it on it stays on. If you leave it off it stays off.
That's what it is doing for me. I wouldn't have noticed, but it has been super hot. THat's the only time it bugs me when the A/C stops working at the stoplights

EinHoden

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It actually remembers your setting not disables it, correct? Like if you leave it on it stays on. If you leave it off it stays off.
This is correct, does not disable ASS as most threads on here state, it just remembers the last setting before shutting off the vehicle.

I don't know of any youtube videos, but did play around with it some. They aren't really 'guages' as much as additional readouts, but most are useless unless you are doing additional tuning, took stock readings to compare to after the tune, or adding mods like intercoolers, CAI, etc.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the Ford Tune installed on my 23 2dr last week. I noticed now then auto start stop stays either on or off. Did the tune do this? I was never one to be annoyed by it, just think it's weird that it stays where I left it now instead of always turning back on. Can't think of any other reason it would start acting differently.

Also, Are there any YouTube videos showing how to use the little programmer? I didn't look hard, but I can't even see where you plug it in. I heard it has some extra digital gauges you can watch? Thought I might plug it in and run it on the window for a couple days and see what it does
https://www.livernoismotorsports.co...Livernois_MyCalibrator_Touch_Instructions.pdf

Livernois is the company behind the Ford Performance tune, check out their site and their youtube videos.

OP
OP
Danny's Bronco

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is correct, does not disable ASS as most threads on here state, it just remembers the last setting before shutting off the vehicle.

I don't know of any youtube videos, but did play around with it some. They aren't really 'guages' as much as additional readouts, but most are useless unless you are doing additional tuning, took stock readings to compare to after the tune, or adding mods like intercoolers, CAI, etc.
Thanks! I updated my original post. You are correct disable was the wrong choice of words on my part. It makes it how it should always be from the factory. Makes it so that it remembers how you chose to set it and leaves it that way.

Was just surprising to me as I was used to it automatically defaulting to ON every time I start the Bronco. The ASS never really bugged me except like now when the heat index is 115° and the A/C quits running and my other ASS starts sweating at the stoplights. Nice added feature to have.

I hear you that the display part of the tuner doesn't show much. I've just never seen it plugged in and kinda want to play with it just because! I just need to not be so lazy and google where that fancy port is that you plug it into!

https://www.livernoismotorsports.co...Livernois_MyCalibrator_Touch_Instructions.pdf

Livernois is the company behind the Ford Performance tune, check out their site and their youtube videos.
Appreciate this! I will give a look tonight and see if I can learn anything.

EinHoden

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 'fancy port' is the ODBII port next to the hood latch. Its tucked up there pretty tight, but you can see it. Due to the location of the port, I would recommend mouting the ProCal to the left side of the windshield if you are going to drive with it. I just set it in the cupholder while I was playing with it and then you have a cord draped across your legs.

OP
OP
Danny's Bronco

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 'fancy port' is the ODBII port next to the hood latch. Its tucked up there pretty tight, but you can see it. Due to the location of the port, I would recommend mouting the ProCal to the left side of the windshield if you are going to drive with it. I just set it in the cupholder while I was playing with it and then you have a cord draped across your legs.

I'll have to look again once it cools off outside. I thought it was right around there, but didn't see it when I looked in the hotel parking lot last weekend. ODBII... now I know how to spell that! Thanks
Sponsored