Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sting, thank you for that.. Already running 94 octane fuel ⛽ and I still have an appointment at adjoining town Ford to get my transmission codes read.. If Ford finally figures it out, then it’s on to K&N fresh air system and follow up with tuning.. Got K&N, tuner, and deployable steps. They were pricy but mama will appreciate them.. I want them so I don’t destroy the seat edge getting in.. 😁
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Mag does so much more. Dealers try to tell you they cannot do anything but you have to kno and understand it. I had a GT350 the engine blew. The vehicle had headers, an intake and a tune.

The dealer tried to deny my claim, saying the headers and tune blew the engine. The forums claimed I was screwed. I took it straight to Ford, who sent an engineer to come and look, and in the end, it was determined engine failure was because of the number 6 piston and rods letting go due to a factory issue.

End result, NEW v2 to of the engine, plus my headers and xpipe and all other things the car had reinstalled. Ford honored the warranty becuase my mods had nothing to do with the engine failing. If I had listen to the forums I would have been screwed. But since I think for myself and know how these things work, I was not. The morale of the story, be informed.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a lot of talk of specific octane numbers. It's worth mentioning that premium/supreme fuel is not a single octane rating. At higher elevations, you won't find the same octane ratings as at or near sea level because the air is less oxygen-dense. So, 93 at sea level is going to be 91 in Salt Lake City or Denver (or many other places). The same tech that manages engine knock in the stock tune manages engine knock in the performance tune (and it's not new--it's been around, albeit improved), for decades. The bottom line is, with or without the tune, run the octane you want (87+) to either save money or get more power.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There's a lot of talk of specific octane numbers. It's worth mentioning that premium/supreme fuel is not a single octane rating. At higher elevations, you won't find the same octane ratings as at or near sea level because the air is less oxygen-dense. So, 93 at sea level is going to be 91 in Salt Lake City or Denver (or many other places). The same tech that manages engine knock in the stock tune manages engine knock in the performance tune (and it's not new--it's been around, albeit improved), for decades. The bottom line is, with or without the tune, run the octane you want (87+) to either save money or get more power.
I run the 2.3 L 10 speed 3.73 rear Race Red 4 door on 94.5 octane.. It gets 23.3 mpg on highway driving . I’ll get the FP tune installed after my next fill up ( and mix) ..

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2017 Mustang / 2012 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For round numbers 750 gallons a gas of year @$.40 extra for premium =$300 per year = 60 times a year to Starbucks.
Just saying- it's not that much. Less than a few meals out, one less subscription.

and 91 is recommended anyways because of the Turbo
And who even goes to Starbucks anymore??? Lol

Sponsored

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2017 Mustang / 2012 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since Starbucks sucks, this is an easy choice for me. BTW, what do you buy at Starbucks for $5.00 - Water? The few times I went years ago an Xlg coffee was $7.00+. Then there was the tip for the barista exercising her Masters degree in poli-sci.
So true! Much better to support Black Rifle Coffee IMO

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
~$700 for .6ish 0-60 improvement is a bit expensive. Granted there are other improvements, but return on investment is low.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I just purchased my cal from Lethal. I went with Ford because I want the shift update, I needed the tire calibration as well, and I did not see any of the other tuners with this. They are cool with the piggyback setup, but I have always been one just to use the device and flash my vehicle.

Being a Ford calibration, I should not have any issues with dealer stuff though I never had any issue before.

As for BIG POWA well yeah, some pep in Jessabelle's step will due, I mean it is a Bronco on 37's. When I feel the need for speed, well that's what Akira (21 GT500-not stock) is for.

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Performance discloses that to obtain the 3/36 warranty offered with their calibration the tune needs to be installed by a Ford dealer or ASE certified tech. You can install the tune by yourself but in the event you have a warranty issue and which you try and claim not having it installed by a Ford dealer or ASE certified tech my cause issues with you getting the claim approved.
I've heard Ford dealer will not install customer provided parts, such as if I bought from Lethal Performance. I assume that is for the FP tune as well. I'd like it to keep warranty so dealer install is required.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've heard Ford dealer will not install customer provided parts, such as if I bought from Lethal Performance. I assume that is for the FP tune as well. I'd like it to keep warranty so dealer install is required.

in general, ford dealers will not install non-ford parts,
but quite a few will install ford performance parts
even if they're not a ford performance dealer.

btw, the warranty requires either a ford dealer tech
or an ASE certified tech for installation.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would say that it's probably just up to the specific dealer and whether they are familiar or wanting to install aftermarket parts. Since this is a Ford Performance product most Ford dealers should be familiar with them and shouldn't have an issue installing them. If they do my honest opinion would be to contact another Ford dealer or just have it installed by an ASE certified tech. As long as it's done by one or the other you'll be covered by the Ford Performance warranty.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say that it's probably just up to the specific dealer and whether they are familiar or wanting to install aftermarket parts. Since this is a Ford Performance product most Ford dealers should be familiar with them and shouldn't have an issue installing them. If they do my honest opinion would be to contact another Ford dealer or just have it installed by an ASE certified tech. As long as it's done by one or the other you'll be covered by the Ford Performance warranty.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Howdy,

Does the Ford Performance help with the shifting points for 4 low? For going down a steep hill in 4 low when the tranny shifts from 3 to second the Bronco rpm’s really spike and lurch my Bronco forward. See video from other member that has similar problems and it’s been quite common with other posters. Wondering if the ford tune will fix that.

Toonces

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reading through this thread, it's interesting to note that it looks like the tune for 2023 has gone up by $100...? Also, my dealer is telling me they're going to take all day to install this and the perimeter sensor for the alarm system, this sounds excessive to me.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Reading through this thread, it's interesting to note that it looks like the tune for 2023 has gone up by $100...? Also, my dealer is telling me they're going to take all day to install this and the perimeter sensor for the alarm system, this sounds excessive to me.
Hello!

Our price is $695 shipped on the tuner/tune. I just had one put on my personal Wildtrak and it is noticeable. I had a local ASE certified shop do the install to retain the warranty - they charged me 0.5 hour book rate.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/search/?q=Bronco+ford+performance+calibration

The install was less than 5 minutes. Let us know if you have any questions or if we can assist with anything.
-logan@lethal

Curt Albrecht

Big Bend
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Bronco Antimatter Blue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone know who can install a ford performance calibration in San Diego?
Sponsored