Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone add the JB4 to a reflagged Bronco with the ford performance tune? I was looking into this and haven’t found anything or anyone that has done this. It would seem to work as the performance tune now become the factory tune but not sure.

Any insight would be awesome
@LethalPerformance ?
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
According to Terry over at Burger Motorsports/JB4, it will work on top of a Bronco that has an actual tune, such as Whipple or Ford Performance. We personally haven't tried it on any of our vehicles to see what the result might be.

Although, with a tune's changes to shift schedule, throttle response, and overall drivability of the vehicle with even more power gain from the JB4, it could make for a very positive change. It's important to note that the JB4 raises the boost from the stock level, which seems to be ok on these, but raising boost on top of what the tune raises the boost may not be the best idea in the long run. Although, like I said previously, we haven't tested both at the same time on a vehicle... yet, that is.

Please let us know if there's anything else we may be able to give insight on.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Ground_zero298 is running both I believe. I think he keeps the JB4 a map lower than normal due to this, but maybe he can verify that.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ground_zero298 is running both I believe. I think he keeps the JB4 a map lower than normal due to this, but maybe he can verify that.
Yes I am. Dropped from map 3 to 2 and it seemed to be running great. With the winter gas I’ve dropped down to map 1 here in Michigan.

Ran map 2 for 2 months with the procal and downpipes on. Haven’t had any issues yet and I didn’t go easy on it.

Will be getting her on the dyno in the spring. Just waiting for the new air box and charge pipes to show up.

My end game plan is to go to Canada to get my tune. Them guys got a little over 400 at the wheels with a k and n box, I’m thinking we can get around 475-500 with mods on top of that. Just don’t know what the fuel requirements will be. Max I want to use is 93. If they can dual tune I’d have no issue running 100-110 a couple time a year either. But either way, 93 octane cap will dictate how far the do the daily tune.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d love to see the dyno results from stacking these. I spoke to Burger a while back and they said although it would work and be fine, they wouldn’t expect much if any cumulative improvement. I’m running the JB4 and would definitely add the ford tune if shown to be worthwhile.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d love to see the dyno results from stacking these. I spoke to Burger a while back and they said although it would work and be fine, they wouldn’t expect much if any cumulative improvement. I’m running the JB4 and would definitely add the ford tune if shown to be worthwhile.
I know from watching the app I was still getting the extra boost out of the jb4. But I can understand people not wanting to try it with no safe data on it yet.

Should be able to have it tested. I’ll be rolling in with the procal and jb4 plus the mods. Then trying to get 3 custom tunes for it and that should be complete. Want a crawling torque tune, daily, then a grenade.

I’ve absolutely have been loving how much low end torque I have right now. Zero struggles on climbing stuff. Super controllable. Makes me feel bad to see others struggling trying to work that throttle to climb and descend. But that jms pedal max terrain really helped out with that too. Makes you look pro with no experience. Give it to someone who has experience. Complete game changer once you start going negative on that tip in.

Last edited:

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m running both. Map 3. Runs awesome for me
What did you have installed first? Are you seeing that big of an incentive to go with the Procal if you already have the JB4? I mean, is it night and day or just a slight upside?

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the JB4 First which was a big change over stock. I installed the pro cal after and didnt see a big jump.... If I were to pick one, I would go JB4.......That is me.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had the JB4 First which was a big change over stock. I installed the pro cal after and didnt see a big jump.... If I were to pick one, I would go JB4.......That is me.
Much appreciated. I’ll stick with the JB4 until we see tuning options from 5 Star and others.

Sponsored
First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes I am. Dropped from map 3 to 2 and it seemed to be running great. With the winter gas I’ve dropped down to map 1 here in Michigan.

Ran map 2 for 2 months with the procal and downpipes on. Haven’t had any issues yet and I didn’t go easy on it.

Will be getting her on the dyno in the spring. Just waiting for the new air box and charge pipes to show up.

My end game plan is to go to Canada to get my tune. Them guys got a little over 400 at the wheels with a k and n box, I’m thinking we can get around 475-500 with mods on top of that. Just don’t know what the fuel requirements will be. Max I want to use is 93. If they can dual tune I’d have no issue running 100-110 a couple time a year either. But either way, 93 octane cap will dictate how far the do the daily tune.
Hi there - are you still running both the Ford Performance tune and JB4?

How is it going with that? Any issues so far?

Is anyone here with a 2.3 running both?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there - are you still running both the Ford Performance tune and JB4?

How is it going with that? Any issues so far?

Is anyone here with a 2.3 running both?
Had to drop the ford tune for the Ida tune.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Procal gives you around + 20 at the wheels. Ida tune got me +203 at the wheels.

8ronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Procal gives you around + 20 at the wheels. Ida tune got me +203 at the wheels.
Ahhhh - you went to Canada for the tune?

Did you have any issues running the JB4 with the Procal? Would you have stayed with that combo it if not for the IDA tune?
Sponsored