First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m stuck between the two. I’ve done research on here and can’t make up my mind. My last vehicle was a modified Exploder ST with 5* E50 tune. I off road a few times a year. I drive in winter storms frequently since I’m a skier. Looking to keep it simple and reliable, but want a noticeable improvement in daily drivability. I have Badlands with 33” tires. I will probably stay with 33”.
Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd personally go with the Ford Performance Tune. While I don't own one, I've heard the transmission and torque management improvements are worth it alone. I've owned the JB4, and while I like the extra power it delivered, it was also problematic from time to time. I also could never get map 5 working consistently with E30, so I ultimately sold it.

From what I'm seeing, you can actually stack the two and enjoy the benefits of both. You would probably need the keep the JB4 at Map 1 though.

It would probably be less expensive to buy the FPT and buy something like the S version of the Racechip device for $240. Start at the first setting, then move it up a notch until the Broncos' safeties kick in.

https://www.racechip.us/shop/ford/b...7t-ecoboost-2688ccm-310hp-231kw-542lb-ft.html

Last edited:

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m stuck between the two. I’ve done research on here and can’t make up my mind. My last vehicle was a modified Exploder ST with 5* E50 tune. I off road a few times a year. I drive in winter storms frequently since I’m a skier. Looking to keep it simple and reliable, but want a noticeable improvement in daily drivability. I have Badlands with 33” tires. I will probably stay with 33”.
I've had the FP installed about 3weeks now and absolutely love it. Not crazy gains but definitely enough. It's the trans smoothing that is phenomenal. Sport mode is waaaaay smoother. ✌

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The JB4 has the advantage that you can remap it on the fly according to what gas you just filled up with. That's nice. And with better gas you'll get better power. But you'd need to do that, or just set it and consistently get the same gas, which is what the FPT does. It has to wire in under the hood, so if you wanted to remove it for warranty work, you'd have to do that.

FPT also includes transmission remap and does a bit of what Pedal Commander does. But you are stuck at one map for 91 octane gas. It's easy to install or uninstall though - no wiring at all, all via OBD. FPT is the only one that will retain some semblance of warranty coverage.

JB4 is a bit cheaper, and has an app that you can get so you can run everything through your phone. FPT is just an OBD2 dongle with a cheapy touchscreen - you can use it to resize tires and clear DTC codes or watch a handful of parameters, but it isn't a looker and most people aren't going to dash mount it or anything. Granted, you can still use any aftermarket OBD2 monitor you would like with either.

So really depends on what you are looking for.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Ford Performance tune won't void your warranty, the JB probably would.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Both 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored