Sponsored

*** REVISED - WARNING***JB4 Tune from Lethal Performance Review on Bronco 2-Door WT 2.7L

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

no blue locktite and I will do that. It is a small screw so the chances off a perfect drilling is difficult. Here’s a pic

AF4FA18F-1854-4798-9E76-7F3460BC7934.jpeg
Damn, almost looks like you used a power tool on it it's that stripped. Terrible screw quality.
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no blue locktite and I will do that. It is a small screw so the chances off a perfect drilling is difficult. Here’s a pic

AF4FA18F-1854-4798-9E76-7F3460BC7934.jpeg
10 secs with an easy out

OP
OP
cf_davey

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn, almost looks like you used a power tool on it it's that stripped. Terrible screw quality.
This is after they told me to drill it out. I need to get the right drill bit and thickness.

FairPlayInc

Wildtrak
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
cf_davey

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sucks that you had a bad experience. I have one on my Bronco Wildtrak and just installed one on my wife's Sport. On her's, I had similar issues regarding check engine lights and other alerts on dash after initial install. Although I had a marvelous customer service experience so far.

For those interested: Pulled the trigger on a JB4 | 2021+ Ford Bronco Sport Forum - Broncosportforum.com
I just can’t call something marvelous when they force you to email back and forth. Ridiculous and unacceptable that they don’t just send another unit to replace with a UPS label for return if the one needing repair.

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am withdrawing my review of this tuner. I’ve bought many aftermarket parts for my Bronco without issues and this has turned out to be a disaster!! JBM has the worst service I’ve experienced ever!!

My tuner will not connect to blue tooth even though I’ve done everything by the book. Now thru snail email (JBM doesn’t have a damn phone number)!!! WTF…!!! They send me a Bluetooth dongle. So I go to replace the one that’s on it, only to be met with a stripped cheap screw(1 of 4). So back to snail email, sending a picture in. Their solution, take the unit off the Bronco and mail it back to them (my postage) and wait till they drill the screw out and ship it back. Are you Fing kidding me!??? Beware of dealing with these guys!
Thank you for the update. I have changed my build plan with the plan on going with the Whipple Performance Tune, namely because of the transmission shift points being adjusted with it. I am holding off though to see if FORD will be doing an engine head recall on the 2.7 before risking the firmware tune upgrade.

sfonteno

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For reference, I have had none of these issues. The system, like anything tuning related is not just plug and play, you have to read carefully and understand what you are doing to the car.

I have their full JB4 setup with water/meth injection system, and they supported me with a customer tune for that setup. Terry at burger was quick to reply and helped me out when I had questions.

All I am reading here is someone who is extremely impatient and expects tuning equipment to just plug into a $50k car and work like a USB attachment or something......

OP
OP
cf_davey

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For reference, I have had none of these issues. The system, like anything tuning related is not just plug and play, you have to read carefully and understand what you are doing to the car.

I have their full JB4 setup with water/meth injection system, and they supported me with a customer tune for that setup. Terry at burger was quick to reply and helped me out when I had questions.

All I am reading here is someone who is extremely impatient and expects tuning equipment to just plug into a $50k car and work like a USB attachment or something......
impatient huh? How about that my tuner still doesn’t connect to the app via Bluetooth. How about that Burger has NO PHONE NUMBER!!! How about that they expect me to take it off and ship it back to them on my dime and then they will drill the stripped screw out and ship it back.

So try again! None of these complaints are unwarranted especially when the seller, Lethal Motorsports seemed to relate or understand the frustration.

so go hijack someone else posts. Not gonna work here

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Does anyone know if the JB4 “marries” to your vehicle? I see some has one forsake on ebay
Like Ducati mentioned it doesn't marry to the vehicle or flash the pcm in anyway. It's just a plug and play module that works really well and provides a noticeable difference.

We have plenty of the JB4's in stock so feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you with.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/burger-motorsports-jb4-tuner-2021-ford-bronco-2-3l-2-7l.html
Ford Bronco *** REVISED - WARNING***JB4 Tune from Lethal Performance Review on Bronco 2-Door WT 2.7L mance-tuner_bc997fae-c4f5-4c91-9d23-68de3fabfc0d_2

Machinepirate

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
the Jb4 has been flawless for my bronco. I have been playing around with e85 and high octane mixes with the various maps. I also added a K&N air intake and filter with a AWE cat back exhaust single tip. Now this 2.7 motor has a ton of extra power. All ill ever need.

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like Ducati mentioned it doesn't marry to the vehicle or flash the pcm in anyway. It's just a plug and play module that works really well and provides a noticeable difference.

We have plenty of the JB4's in stock so feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you with.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/burger-motorsports-jb4-tuner-2021-ford-bronco-2-3l-2-7l.html
Ford Bronco *** REVISED - WARNING***JB4 Tune from Lethal Performance Review on Bronco 2-Door WT 2.7L mance-tuner_bc997fae-c4f5-4c91-9d23-68de3fabfc0d_2
Just out of curiosity if someone purchases this unit through you guys. Which I purchased my Injen intake through and you guys actually helped me due to originally going with the S&B and due to some back orders got my original order changed and got the Injen set up extremely quickly. But, just wonder with these third party tuning units if you guys are who we return to if purchased or directly to the tuner distributor?

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a jb4 on a previous vehicle and loved it. Never had an issue with customer service. Sure its email only but they always replied within a few hours. Eventually Id like one for the Bronco but its not a priority.
Sponsored