First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a dumb question, but after the tune is loaded to the ECU, does the tuner model need to remain connected to the vehicle? Do you just need to leave it connected if you want live diagnostic data?
Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am seriously now considering the 2.7L Ford Peformance tune. Seems like everyone who has installed it has had nothing but good things to say about it on this site.

With that said, there is a bundle on the Lethal Performance site right now that includes a Whipple air filter. Could anyone who has installed this filter let me know their honest feedback?

Bundle: https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...hipple-filter-2021-2022-bronco-2-3l-2-7l.html
Also, if I was to purchase the tune through Lethal Performance, would my local Ford dealership do the installation for me? I need an oil change soon anyway. If anyone has paid their dealer to install the tune, could you comment the price you paid? I would prefer to do it through the dealer for warranty reasons!
Just do it yourself. You won’t even need the warranty. It’s only a warranty on the device itself.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a dumb question, but after the tune is loaded to the ECU, does the tuner model need to remain connected to the vehicle? Do you just need to leave it connected if you want live diagnostic data?
It does not need to remain connected. And you do need to connect it to see live data.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can connect and run live data from it, but the way the Bronco is setup, you have that information available to your from the vehicle and its displays already.

Whodat

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I do this myself what "warranty" am I losing? Just the device?

Sponsored

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Following. I’d also like to know what all you’re sacrificing if you install it yourself? It makes absolutely zero sense that Ford would warranty something that their own dealerships are often either unwilling/unable to install, when, in particular, it relates to a tube device that allows for no actual variations by the user.

If Ford signed off on the tune itself and this particular application why the hell wouldn’t they honor whatever the warranty is?

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can connect and run live data from it, but the way the Bronco is setup, you have that information available to your from the vehicle and its displays already.
The data logging gauges on the device have 70+ different monitors you can never get from the Bronco display.

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did this tune get rid of the auto stop/start feature on my '23 Wildtrak? It stayed off when I started it this morning. Have I been driving all week and just not noticing? I suppose I have. I think my attention is only drawn to it when the engine dies.

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did this tune get rid of the auto stop/start feature on my '23 Wildtrak? It stayed off when I started it this morning. Have I been driving all week and just not noticing? I suppose I have. I think my attention is only drawn to it when the engine dies.
i had a dealer install the tune on my 23 wildtrak this week and auto start/stop is still there.

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i had a dealer install the tune on my 23 wildtrak this week and auto start/stop is still there.
Make sure your Bronco is not in Eco mode. It's not going to completely get rid of it, but when you turn it off from the dash, it will stay off the next time you drive it. I think Eco mode might keep it active. I have not tested that theory because I'm not an Eco kind of guy.

On edit. I just went and started it again and it was still off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Make sure your Bronco is not in Eco mode. It's not going to completely get rid of it, but when you turn it off from the dash, it will stay off the next time you drive it. I think Eco mode might keep it active. I have not tested that theory because I'm not an Eco kind of guy.
i never drive in eco mode. It’s either in normal or sport for me. Usually auto start/stop isn’t an issue for me because I redirect air through the window vents most of the year. That kills the ASS system. But in truth ASS doesn’t bother me that much

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed on my 23 WT and the ASS stays in the setting I last had it. I keep it off all the time so now i don’t have to remember to press the button anymore.
If your ASS doesn’t work this way after the tune is installed- you may want to double check that the tune is actually installed!

LFG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe a dumb question.. but website says not available for 2022 models in California, what about 2023? Any eta on that?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Maybe a dumb question.. but website says not available for 2022 models in California, what about 2023? Any eta on that?
The calibration isn't available in California for 2022-2023 models. They are awaiting CARB approval. Once it's been approved the cals will then be available.

LFG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The calibration isn't available in California for 2022-2023 models. They are awaiting CARB approval. Once it's been approved the cals will then be available.
Gotcha. Does it make a difference if I purchased the bronco out of state, it’s on its way here and I haven’t registered it in CA yet….
Sponsored