Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am seriously now considering the 2.7L Ford Peformance tune. Seems like everyone who has installed it has had nothing but good things to say about it on this site.

With that said, there is a bundle on the Lethal Performance site right now that includes a Whipple air filter. Could anyone who has installed this filter let me know their honest feedback?

Bundle: https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...hipple-filter-2021-2022-bronco-2-3l-2-7l.html
Also, if I was to purchase the tune through Lethal Performance, would my local Ford dealership do the installation for me? I need an oil change soon anyway. If anyone has paid their dealer to install the tune, could you comment the price you paid? I would prefer to do it through the dealer for warranty reasons!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronco 215

Bronco 215

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bumping this thread

dangerfoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dangerfoot.com
Vehicle(s)
White Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any ASE mechanic will do for warranty reasons. My dealers in Austin are not interested

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any idea on price?
Hey! As stated before, any ASE certified mechanic or a Ford dealership can install it (to allow for the warranty to be in play).

I've seen most dealerships bill either 0.5 or 1 work hour (100-$150) for the install. You'll enjoy the extra power and improved shifting from the tune, we've seen countless happy customers with these. Thank you for considering us - let us know if we can help close the deal for you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco 215

Bronco 215

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey! As stated before, any ASE certified mechanic or a Ford dealership can install it (to allow for the warranty to be in play).

I've seen most dealerships bill either 0.5 or 1 work hour (100-$150) for the install. You'll enjoy the extra power and improved shifting from the tune, we've seen countless happy customers with these. Thank you for considering us - let us know if we can help close the deal for you.
Question. Would the dealer also install the Whipple air filter? Also, is that necessary for performance with this tune? I saw it comes packaged in a bundle.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Question. Would the dealer also install the Whipple air filter? Also, is that necessary for performance with this tune? I saw it comes packaged in a bundle.
I'm sure a dealer would be willing to install the air filter. Honestly though it's a 3 minute job and can be done by anyone. I also wouldn't go as far to say that it's 100% necessary to run the filter but it is a higher flowing and quality air filter over stock so you aren't making a bad decision by going with one.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Bronco 215

Bronco 215

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure a dealer would be willing to install the air filter. Honestly though it's a 3 minute job and can be done by anyone. I also wouldn't go as far to say that it's 100% necessary to run the filter but it is a higher flowing and quality air filter over stock so you aren't making a bad decision by going with one.

Thanks!
Last question. What are the shipping options? Is there any chance that I could have the tune by Friday if I ordered today? Thinking about setting up a Saturday appt at dealer to get oil changed anyway.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the tune just about a week ago. It is worth it. Even on 87, you get the benefits from the tune. As for the dealer, I did everything myself. It depends on your relationship with your service department as well. I have never had any issues with any of my vehicles over the years, and nothing I own is stock.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Last question. What are the shipping options? Is there any chance that I could have the tune by Friday if I ordered today? Thinking about setting up a Saturday appt at dealer to get oil changed anyway.
To have it by Friday you'd really want to order it with express shipping so you receive the device on Wednesday orThursday. That will give you enough time once you receive the device to download the REQ file from your vehicle and email into Whipple. From that it's about a 24hr or less turn around time for them to email you back the file. We can ship it as slow or as quick as you like. Best bet is to call in to place the order and let the sales associate you speak with know exactly what day you'd like to receive it so they can quote you the shipping to meet those goals. 561-753-8105.

I'll note though it's never good to schedule an install appointment for parts you haven't received yet. This way if for any reason there's a shipping delay on Fed Ex/UPS's part due to weather or some other reason you don't feel let down as that stuff does happen.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do they 'make it official'? If I order the 2.7 kit from you guys and bring it into a random ASE shop, how do I ensure that Ford will recognize the certified install?

OP
OP
Bronco 215

Bronco 215

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do they 'make it official'? If I order the 2.7 kit from you guys and bring it into a random ASE shop, how do I ensure that Ford will recognize the certified install?
This is also a really good question that I am wondering myself.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do these tunes undergo durability testing by Ford? Are Ford engineers involved? Do they have Ford’s seal of approval? Or are they little more than an aftermarket tune with a Ford sticker on the box?

Jason

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is also a really good question that I am wondering myself.
Once you receive the device, register with Ford Performance and install the calibration you can then forward Ford Performance the paperwork from the dealership or ASE certified tech to have that info added to your warranty registration.

It's like buying a new microwave. Once you receive it you fill out the warranty registration info and submit it after the purchase has been made.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do these tunes undergo durability testing by Ford? Are Ford engineers involved? Do they have Ford’s seal of approval? Or are they little more than an aftermarket tune with a Ford sticker on the box?

Jason
The tunes are done by Ford Performance calibration experts and undergo extensive testing. Not only durability but they also use a bunch of other tools to monitor cylinder pressure and other engine statistics to make sure they are safe and won't cause any issues. The last thing they want to do is release a product with a warranty just to have a bunch of failures.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Sponsored