Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
TLDR; No shops will install the tune.

Ok, so, I was interested in getting the Ford Performance Tune for my 2023 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch. Obtaining the tune is no problem; the problem I have encountered in that I cannot find a dealer that will do the install for me. I live in Maryland and have called no less than 10 dealers, many who are Ford Performance shops. None of them will do the install. One forwards me to another, then that one says they will not do the install. The next says the same thing, and it is a never-ending circle of failure.

My question is this: Has anyone else had this much difficulty in finding a Ford dealer to do the actual install? And if you are in Maryland, any suggestion of a dealer that will perform the install?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe you can use any ASE mechanic and it will preserve the warranty. So you can go outside of Ford Dealers.

I don't know why they stipulate that, there's nothing at all about the installation that is even remotely difficult or technical - you don't have to change any parameters or program anything, you just need a laptop with an internet connection. But it is what it is.

Last edited:

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can use any ASE mechanic and it will preserve the warranty. So you can go outside of Ford Dealers.

I don't know why they stipulate that, there's nothing at all about the installation that is even remotely difficult or technical - you don't have to change any parameters or program anything, you just need a laptop with an internet connection. But it is what it is.
This.

"ASE Red Seal" certified.

Or just do it yourself.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer ended up doing the install for me, but at the time there was a 3 month wait for an appointment... so I called four other dealers in my area. Three of the four said it was a service they did not offer. The fourth said they would do the install, but they have a policy to not install customer-provided parts and I would have to buy the ProCal tune through the dealership. So I definitely understand the issue you are encountering.

As others have said, any ASE (or RSE, for those in O' Canada) certified mechanic can do the install to retain the warranty. So if you have a 4x4 or performance shop nearby, definitely check to see if they can do the install for you.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dealer makes money selling you the tune, not on the install. See if you can buy it from the dealer you want to install it. They likely will be more receptive. It will cost more than buying online but you won't have to worry about warranty issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This.

"ASE Red Seal" certified.

Or just do it yourself.
I'm a cyber security analyst, and could do the install myself, however, I do not feel like losing the warranty in the process. That is why I asked the question. So, I guess I will search out an ASE technician.

Thanks.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a cyber security analyst, and could do the install myself, however, I do not feel like losing the warranty in the process. That is why I asked the question. So, I guess I will search out an ASE technician.

Thanks.
Ehh. To each their own. I doubt Ford would void your warranty down the road flashing it yourself. Somehow incorrectly flashing it won’t cause something to break down the road. It is their tune file.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ehh. To each their own. I doubt Ford would void your warranty down the road flashing it yourself. Somehow incorrectly flashing it won’t cause something to break down the road. It is their tune file.
Ford just uses it as a way to drive people to dealers for some cheesy install money. And an easy way they can back out of warranty claims.

Overcooked

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D WT, 2021 BMW 540,2024 BMW X7 M60i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford dealers near me are happy to install mine, one of them even encourage me to get one myself because it would take them too long to get the part, this was from the parts guy so I guess he was just lazy lol.

OP
OP

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will just find an ASE that will do the install.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer makes money selling you the tune, not on the install. See if you can buy it from the dealer you want to install it. They likely will be more receptive. It will cost more than buying online but you won't have to worry about warranty issues.
Most definitely my dealer made a couple hundred off my install, minimum. That's paying the tech, too.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is not Rocket Science, Ford made this Tune and it has a Ford P/N.. It’s not going to hurt your engine, just requires you to use High Octane gas .. Using high Octane gas with the Tune is like putting a “tiger in your Tank”.. The tune requires a PC.. This PC should be yours, not the Dealers.. You can store your original tune that was installed at the factory, so if and when you remove the Performance Tune, you have a copy of the original.. Dealer doesn’t do that obviously.. As I have found here is Alaska, most Ford shops never know you Tuned it unless you have a sticker on the hood or the box with the Ford Performance Tune in your glovebox . GO forth and TUNE.. Save you original programming on YOUR PC.. 🤓 oh YES, I have been a Rocket Scientist 🤣

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TLDR; No shops will install the tune.

Ok, so, I was interested in getting the Ford Performance Tune for my 2023 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch. Obtaining the tune is no problem; the problem I have encountered in that I cannot find a dealer that will do the install for me. I live in Maryland and have called no less than 10 dealers, many who are Ford Performance shops. None of them will do the install. One forwards me to another, then that one says they will not do the install. The next says the same thing, and it is a never-ending circle of failure.

My question is this: Has anyone else had this much difficulty in finding a Ford dealer to do the actual install? And if you are in Maryland, any suggestion of a dealer that will perform the install?

Thanks.
Dude. The dealership I bought our Bronco from was the only one that would install it just because of my relationship with the salesman. I called every dealership and every aftermarket shop they referred me to. None would install. They all said the same thing. The installer is on the hook for any warranty issues and it's not worth it for them. Had to drive 1 1/2 hours away for installation. How can Ford sell a pard that Ford won't install? That being said, the time is TOTALLY worth it. 🍻

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For what it's worth I had mine installed by a Lincoln Dealer. I don't like my local Ford Service Dept.
Sponsored