Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can store your original tune that was installed at the factory, so if and when you remove the Performance Tune, you have a copy of the original..
I think this gets stored in the dongle thing, so you can revert back without needing a laptop. It also gets uploaded, so if you pick a new laptop or whatnot, once you sign into that Ford Performance account it has the original "factory" tune saved on the server.

So it's really locked to the Ford Performance account - that ties to your VIN and the factory ECM settings.
Sponsored

Squatched

Badlands
First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got my Procal in. You just saved me a lot of time calling dealers since I live in MD as well. I too can do it myself but would rather keep the warranty.

I was thinking about calling IAG in Westminster since they have a Bronconside to their business. Let me know if you have any luck finding someone and I’ll go to them as well.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this gets stored in the dongle thing, so you can revert back without needing a laptop. It also gets uploaded, so if you pick a new laptop or whatnot, once you sign into that Ford Performance account it has the original "factory" tune saved on the server.

So it's really locked to the Ford Performance account - that ties to your VIN and the factory ECM settings.
Yes, create your own account on performance.ford.com and register your own procal. Otherwise it'll be forever registered to whoever's account you had do the install. When you go to get it installed, give them the username/password for that account so they can access it, and change the password after you're done.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

TLDR; No shops will install the tune.

...interested in getting the Ford Performance Tune. I cannot find a dealer that will do the install for me. I live in Maryland and have called no less than 10 dealers, many who are Ford Performance shops. None of them will do the install.

My question is this: Has anyone else had this much difficulty in finding a Ford dealer to do the actual install? And if you are in Maryland, any suggestion of a dealer that will perform the install?
This is simply "fear of the unknown". Those dealers have probably never done one and are just afraid that it's not worth the hassle and risk involved to try and deal with the customer if something goes wrong doing something that they aren't already familiar with.

Not sure where in Maryland you are, and it's probably not worth the drive, but we do them all the time here in Richmond, VA probably just a couple of hours south of you.

The tune requires a PC.. This PC should be yours, not the Dealers.. You can store your original tune that was installed at the factory, so if and when you remove the Performance Tune, you have a copy of the original.. Dealer doesn’t do that obviously... ... Save you original programming on YOUR PC..
This is incorrect. The stock calibration or "tune" does not ever get saved on anyone's PC. & If the instructions are followed, it gets downloaded to your ProCal handheld AND then a backup gets uploaded to Ford Performance servers. You can access it anytime using your handheld device or online by simply logging into your account. We do upload the backup for our customers.

Yes, create your own account on performance.ford.com and register your own procal. Otherwise it'll be forever registered to whoever's account you had do the install. When you go to get it installed, give them the username/password for that account so they can access it, and change the password after you're done.
Again, we install them with some regularity here. I setup an account for each owner using their email address and contact info and create a unique user name and password that gets given to the customer. I don't register all of the accounts in my name, that would be silly.

Last edited:

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anywhere sell them cheaper than the FordPerformance website??

Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford just uses it as a way to drive people to dealers for some cheesy install money. And an easy way they can back out of warranty claims.
Yep, that's it, that awful Ford hates it's customers.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a fine print reader. I noticed that the warranty only covers the pro tune device and tune. So really what’s gonna happen to it? Worst case Just buy another one? Idk. Stop overthinking life and just do it yourself.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, we install them with some regularity here. I setup an account for each owner using their email address and contact info and create a unique user name and password that gets given to the customer. I don't register all of the accounts in my name, that would be silly.
Good for you! You are probably the exception. But who knows. I still would do it myself. Can't screw that up.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Ford dealership had problems applying the tune. It would not take. They ended up calling Ford Support and got it figured out with another download file. It was a little pricey for the labor for mine because of the problems. But all worth it. Makes a huge difference!

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anywhere sell them cheaper than the FordPerformance website??
Yessssss....

My Ford dealership had problems applying the tune. It would not take. They ended up calling Ford Support and got it figured out with another download file. It was a little pricey for the labor for mine because of the problems. But all worth it. Makes a huge difference!
They are morons or completely refused to follow the directions. I, a red white and blue seal ARSE mechanic as far as uou know, just "installed" it and if you have ever transferred something from your computer to someone else's with a USB drive, then you can do this yourself. The power buttons, connectors, and the information transportation device are slightly different but it is no more complicated than that.

This is simply "fear of the unknown". Those dealers have probably never done one and are just afraid that it's not worth the hassle and risk involved to try and deal with the customer if something goes wrong doing something that they aren't already familiar with.

Not sure where in Maryland you are, and it's probably not worth the drive, but we do them all the time here in Richmond, VA probably just a couple of hours south of you.

This is incorrect. The stock calibration or "tune" does not ever get saved on anyone's PC. & If the instructions are followed, it gets downloaded to your ProCal handheld AND then a backup gets uploaded to Ford Performance servers. You can access it anytime using your handheld device or online by simply logging into your account. We do upload the backup for our customers.

Thankfully, one of you has a brain! Good on ya!

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I said I was a rocket scientist, not a computer geek.. 🤣
I am a computer geek (large scale enterprise systems). Back in the day when we'd be working on a complex or puzzling issue we'd joke "I wonder if rocket scientists say 'it's not systems engineering!'". :D

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yessssss....

They are morons or completely refused to follow the directions. I, a red white and blue seal ARSE mechanic as far as uou know, just "installed" it and if you have ever transferred something from your computer to someone else's with a USB drive, then you can do this yourself. The power buttons, connectors, and the information transportation device are slightly different but it is no more

That’s a
Yessssss....

They are morons or completely refused to follow the directions. I, a red white and blue seal ARSE mechanic as far as uou know, just "installed" it and if you have ever transferred something from your computer to someone else's with a USB drive, then you can do this yourself. The power buttons, connectors, and the information transportation device are slightly different but it is no more complicated than that.

Thankfully, one of you has a brain! Good on ya!
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Tune Dealer Install Issue 1701923789195

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yessssss....
Well thanks for that huge bit of information.

I did some looking and Lethal Performance will have it on sale for $599 shipped on December 15th.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well thanks for that huge bit of information.

I did some looking and Lethal Performance will have it on sale for $599 shipped on December 15th.
Atta boy! I couldn't think of their name at the moment; I'm in the middle of something that is completely non-Bronco and draining my brain juice. I had issues ordering on my phone for some reason so try to order on a desktop environment if you can, multiple refreshes, etc.

@telenerd it is seriously that simple with a possible initial step that is as difficult as registering software that I left out just to mislead people into a false sense of security, muahahaha!
Sponsored