Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Gotcha. Does it make a difference if I purchased the bronco out of state, it’s on its way here and I haven’t registered it in CA yet….
It would depend on the emissions level the vehicle has from the factory. Cali isn't the only state that requires a different emissions calibration. Ford Performance also won't provide any support for a vehicle in Cali with their calibration unless they have Carb certification for that model year.
Sponsored

Reactions: LFG

LFG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would depend on the emissions level the vehicle has from the factory. Cali isn't the only state that requires a different emissions calibration. Ford Performance also won't provide any support for a vehicle in Cali with their calibration unless they have Carb certification for that model year.
Understood, thanks for the reply! Last questions… Is it IF, or WHEN Cali gets a CARB certification? I‘d like to still buy the pro cal tool to make tire size adjustments and other tweaks with auto stop/start. Is it something I can buy now to use for other tweaks, and just get the update when the tune is available for Cali?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Understood, thanks for the reply! Last questions… Is it IF, or WHEN Cali gets a CARB certification? I‘d like to still buy the pro cal tool to make tire size adjustments and other tweaks with auto stop/start. Is it something I can buy now to use for other tweaks, and just get the update when the tune is available for Cali?
In my opinion it's WHEN. They have 49 state approval already for the 22-23 MY's but only have CARB for 21's at the moment. CARB is a completely different entity that costs more money and takes longer to gain approval for. I'm sure more than anything Ford Performance would love to have those CARB EO's for the 22-23's so customers can run the cal. However at the moment they don't. As to whether the device will allow you to make any changes while you wait for the cal that's something I don't know but will ask and report back.

Thanks!
Sponsored