First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Wife works for FORD however not in the shop she's an HR director. She said they have about 178 ECMs damaged due to improper flash using the FORD performance tuner. So I would find a dealer willing to do it so you're not paying out of pocket for a new ECM.
Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TLDR; No shops will install the tune.

Ok, so, I was interested in getting the Ford Performance Tune for my 2023 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch. Obtaining the tune is no problem; the problem I have encountered in that I cannot find a dealer that will do the install for me. I live in Maryland and have called no less than 10 dealers, many who are Ford Performance shops. None of them will do the install. One forwards me to another, then that one says they will not do the install. The next says the same thing, and it is a never-ending circle of failure.

My question is this: Has anyone else had this much difficulty in finding a Ford dealer to do the actual install? And if you are in Maryland, any suggestion of a dealer that will perform the install?

Thanks.
Yes, dealers near me wouldn't touch it either. I went to an ASE certified mechanic and had it done.

P.S. it's beyond worth installing, truck drives like it should.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Glad I live where I do.... I have 4 dealers in the area... 4 dealers are willing to install. Several shops as well. Purchased the tune through my dealer (paid about $200 more than the xmas sales - Ford listed price) and the dealer is installing for free..... No charge, does not really take but a few minutes. But there are lots of Broncos around here and the dealers are competing with each other for our business.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Called my local dealer 3x this week to try and find out how much labor was going to cost before ordering and they didn’t get back to me. Was in today to get oil changed and cornered the service writer and he quoted me $670 in labor.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Called my local dealer 3x this week to try and find out how much labor was going to cost before ordering and they didn’t get back to me. Was in today to get oil changed and cornered the service writer and he quoted me $670 in labor.
It takes 30 min to do the install tops which includes the time for the tech to walk back and forth to the computer and me setting up the account and linking the voucher code. Most they should be charging you is for 1 hour. I paid 150 for my install at the dealership.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My dealer did mine for free.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wait until you are out of warranty ....then install yourself...for free

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you're in the DC metro Ourisman Ford in Alexandria VA installed mine with no issues.
Exactly what I was getting ready to research (phone calls)! What did Ourisman charge for installation? Also, did the dealer use your email and Ford Performance account for the license? Thanks for the info!

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly what I was getting ready to research (phone calls)! What did Ourisman charge for installation? Also, did the dealer use your email and Ford Performance account for the license? Thanks for the info!
They charged one hour of labor. I set up the Ford Performance account and registered the tuner, and then provided them the log in information when I brought the Bronco in.

NatureBoy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Wife works for FORD however not in the shop she's an HR director. She said they have about 178 ECMs damaged due to improper flash using the FORD performance tuner. So I would find a dealer willing to do it so you're not paying out of pocket for a new ECM.
Uuuuhhh…. Can you go into more detail about this? Is this a problem with improper install of the tune or the tuner itself?

Sponsored

jshepherd61

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Uuuuhhh…. Can you go into more detail about this? Is this a problem with improper install of the tune or the tuner itself?
She doesn’t know but assumes it it bad install by customer

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
She doesn’t know but assumes it it bad install by customer
Does she assume all of the "178 ECMs damaged due to improper flash using the FORD performance tuner" were bad installs by the customer, or were some also dealer installs?

Also, the damaged ECM count of 178 is very specific which is great data! Does she know the total count of installs (for example, 178 out of XXXX)?

I am assuming she should know as that would be one of the metrics/data points in relation to the 178 failures.

Last edited:

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They charged one hour of labor. I set up the Ford Performance account and registered the tuner, and then provided them the log in information when I brought the Bronco in.
Thanks, kit ordered and I'll call Ourisman next week.

There's a 15% April discount from Ford on parts under a grand so I went direct with them and used points.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just do it yourself, they're just trying to scare you.

I mean, honestly.. people can fuck up their Bronco waaaaay more playing with the free FORscan program.
Sponsored