SetterDog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Escape, Ford F-350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I called 3 dealerships and 2 didn't know what the Procal was. The third told me to call a dealer that is a Ford Performance Shop dealer and told me where the closest one was. Called them, and they put it in quick. I got on the Ford Performance Parts webpage, made an account, and updated the Procal. I told them the account and password. It took them an hour to do. After they were finished they told me it was the quickest and easiest install they did. The guy at the dealership said he thought it was because I setup the account prior to the install.
Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m about to take my truck in for routine service for the first time since I had the tune installed. There are some updates the dealer will need to do such as updating software to have windows roll down upon unlock and/or fixing camera stutter issues.

Do software updates in general mess with the tune install? Are there types of updates that will mess with the tune that we should keep an eye out for?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do software updates in general mess with the tune install? Are there types of updates that will mess with the tune that we should keep an eye out for?
The answer is "maybe".

The safe thing to do is revert to stock before you go in. Then re-install the tune afterwards. Both just use the dongle and it takes a couple of minutes each way.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealership I asked said it would take 2-4 hours and be $425 for the install...

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The answer is "maybe".

The safe thing to do is revert to stock before you go in. Then re-install the tune afterwards. Both just use the dongle and it takes a couple of minutes each way.
Hmmm -- OK. This would be a little frustrating if Ford sold a ProCal, required dealer or ASE install for warranty, and then required you to pay for uninstalling and reinstalling the tune (again if you technically want to keep the warranty) when there is a software update.

Unless this is to be expected? I didn't see any mention of this on the Ford website for the ProCal.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hmmm -- OK. This would be a little frustrating if Ford sold a ProCal, required dealer or ASE install for warranty, and then required you to pay for uninstalling and reinstalling the tune (again if you technically want to keep the warranty) when there is a software update.

Unless this is to be expected? I didn't see any mention of this on the Ford website for the ProCal.
You don’t have to pay to reinstall / uninstall.

Part of the reason why it’s a rediculous requirement in the first place, but it really is just plugging in the dongle and hitting a button.

As long as you have that ASE invoice showing original installation you are good for the Ford Performance warranty

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For people who didn't do it themselves, about how much did you pay/get estimated?