Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She Who Must Be Happy isn’t going to be cool with no-door travel for a long time, so I didn’t even bother for now. I’ll just get them after market in a few years.

I’m still amazed she was cool with the purchase at all. Then Badlands Luxe? I’m not going to push it - not one more bit.

Cant get the soft top right now anyways. No point worrying about taking the doors off until I get a few miles on it and she relaxes to the whole convertible no-door concept

realistically, that’s only going to be for vacations and weekend trips anyway. I live in a big city area. Lots of thieves prowling around. Rag top just invites one of those morons to cut the top instead of try the door handle.
Had an old Jeep at one time, always left the doors unlocked (no valuables inside) and the idiots would still cut the top!!
Happened twice.
Sponsored

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where are you seeing the “onboard” versions on the accessories site?
The onboard storage bags are not available on the Black Diamond trim. If you use the build and price site they're an option for every other trim. I tried adding them to my Black Diamond order and it's not allowed. So no on board door bags or mid/manual for the Black Diamond.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The onboard storage bags are not available on the Black Diamond trim. If you use the build and price site they're an option for every other trim. I tried adding them to my Black Diamond order and it's not allowed. So no on board door bags or mid/manual for the Black Diamond.
Right? Crazy.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And for the record, I do think they should include storage bags for a vehicle they make with ability to take the door off. A money grab item customers will complain about and I guarantee they will be included with purchase by 2023 model year.
I would prefer the base price not increasing to the cost plus profit of storage bags so that people who want them, get them for 'free'.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would prefer the base price not increasing to the cost plus profit of storage bags so that people who want them, get them for 'free'.
The price is gonna increase whether we like it or not, so they might as well include things like floor liners and door bags in the future since everyone is going to want them anyway. I think it feels worse to start with a price and have to add a million things and see the base price go up 10k+. I would rather it be a realistic base price and price only go up a few thousand at most like most cars once you add in a few luxury items or packages.

Sponsored
OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just assumed that was a B&P issue and not "hard no" - why would they say no to a sale? That makes zero sense.

Anyone in NY area want to order a set with their other trim and sell them to me?

The fact that you can't get MID in a manual trans makes no sense either...who decides this sh!t?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had an old Jeep at one time, always left the doors unlocked (no valuables inside) and the idiots would still cut the top!!
Happened twice.
Even worse...the Bronco soft top rear windows are just clips and velcro. No cutting needed, yet someone is going to slice open a $2k soft top instead of just un-velcroing the window.

tower9000

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just assumed that was a B&P issue and not "hard no" - why would they say no to a sale? That makes zero sense.

Anyone in NY area want to order a set with their other trim and sell them to me?

The fact that you can't get MID in a manual trans makes no sense either...who decides this sh!t?
At least with the Mid package there are some features that wouldn't work with a standard transmission.

The door bags on Black Diamond is just a straight up bug. From what I can tell, it can't be resolved easily. If any non-BD trim guys want to add these to their order, I'll pay you $400 for them!

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At least with the Mid package there are some features that wouldn't work with a standard transmission.

The door bags on Black Diamond is just a straight up bug. From what I can tell, it can't be resolved easily. If any non-BD trim guys want to add these to their order, I'll pay you $400 for them!
Except that they offer the Mid package with a manual transmission on the Badlands. So they can offer it on the Big Bend and Black Diamond. They're just choosing not to.

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Completely off topic and childish. But for some reason seeing this topic title reminded me of my ”that’s what she said line” which was “you’re a….” Half the time it made no sense but still made me laugh out loud. Anyways random Monday thought, carry on.

ps. You’re a door bag. jk

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would imagine this will get sorted out. Once we start seeing them, a part number will get determined. Has there ever been an accessory that can't be ordered after the fact?

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep I added the extra bags for my 4-door because for $87.50 a bag I am not going to find as nice of a bag for storing in the garage, could care less about on board storage.
Felix,

If you decide you do not want the onboard storage bags, I am looking for a set. (For some unknown reason B&P will not allow ordering them with Black Diamond)

tower9000

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know the parts numbers for these unavailable (on Black Diamond) door bags ?

JadeF100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 , 75 F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know the parts numbers for these unavailable (on Black Diamond) door bags ?

TTT on Towers question. I can only find the GARAGE door storage bags in recent parts catalogs. Anyone have parts number for front and rear bags for 4DR for on-board storage bags?
Perhaps they are not being offered yet.

Thanks!!!

tower9000

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TTT on Towers question. I can only find the GARAGE door storage bags in recent parts catalogs. Anyone have parts number for front and rear bags for 4DR for on-board storage bags?
Perhaps they are not being offered yet.

Thanks!!!
I am in the same situation. These bags exist on the other trims, but I don't know the part number.
Sponsored