Sponsored

Door Hanger Options (i.e. Wall Hangers)?

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've searched around and found some DIY and some sponsors posting about their own hangers, but does anyone have experience with them? I would have to hang them over my 911 and it makes me anxious just thinking about the door falling off the hanger, or hanger falling off the wall.
Sponsored

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bold this to a stud in wall, not drywall or plywood, door hangs on its hinge just like it does on the vehicle. Cannot fall off. It comes with the proper lag bolt, 3 per bracket.
https://broaddict.com/products/2x-wall-mount-door-storage-hanger-bracket?currency=USD&variant=44037698060522&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&stkn=c72ade961264&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlZixBhCoARIsAIC745BPBdNG9Qklo01qL61XroJjfPV0bQeKjtKsow6A1gbxY1jpSZCBLIQaAlphEALw_wcB

Best option and out of the way.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Bold this to a stud in wall, not drywall or plywood, door hangs on its hinge just like it does on the vehicle. Cannot fall off. It comes with the proper lag bolt, 3 per bracket.
https://broaddict.com/products/2x-wall-mount-door-storage-hanger-bracket?currency=USD&variant=44037698060522&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&stkn=c72ade961264&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlZixBhCoARIsAIC745BPBdNG9Qklo01qL61XroJjfPV0bQeKjtKsow6A1gbxY1jpSZCBLIQaAlphEALw_wcB

Best option and out of the way.
A couple issues I see with those:
1) takes up a ton of real estate on the garage wall.
2) Leaves door panels exposed to stuff in the garage to get hit/dinged
3) there is no support for the "open" side of the door (where the latch is) that's ALOT of weight cantilevered off that hanger
4) the support gussets on the bottom part of the hanger are on the wrong side of the attachment point - that angled support should be underneath for greater strength.

And I remember seeing several reviews where brackets like these (don't remember which brand exactly" were breaking at that point and doors fell off the wall. - Thus the phobia.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple issues I see with those:
1) takes up a ton of real estate on the garage wall.
2) Leaves door panels exposed to stuff in the garage to get hit/dinged
3) there is no support for the "open" side of the door (where the latch is) that's ALOT of weight cantilevered off that hanger
4) the support gussets on the bottom part of the hanger are on the wrong side of the attachment point - that angled support should be underneath for greater strength.

And I remember seeing several reviews where brackets like these (don't remember which brand exactly" were breaking at that point and doors fell off the wall. - Thus the phobia.
Goes to show, anything can get picked apart. I use them with no problem. I appreciate your insight, this gives others something to think about. Everyone has different concerns as to how a product is used, we all need to discern our needs and adapt to each situation.

I prefer them on the wall, completely out of the way, don't have to worry about moving them around, or taking up floor space.

The doors weight no more than 70 pounds (guessing having never weighted them, they are very easily handled when removing and installing). Not sure how the gusset can possibly fail, these are heavy gauge steel with very good weld joints.

As far as weight cantilevered off the bracket, same as that on the hinge of the vehicle, this bracket is made of heavier gauge steel than the hinge bracket on the car.

As to being exposed to damage, no more so than sitting on any rack, just throw a shipping blanket over them if it's concerning,. I find the storage bags offer little to no protection, never waste my time with them. However, you could still use them, slipping them on once hanging on the wall.

Be Safe!

Sponsored
OP
OP
ralexander1211

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

good points all around. i'm leaning towards the wall brackets, and supporting the bottom of the doors with something to take some pressure off the brackets. for my space, the wall is ideal compared to floor storage. kids ram their bikes into anything!

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Safer this way - I have similar phobias about them falling...
[snip]
I did something similar. Also lets you roll the door right up to the hinge, rather than carrying it from the wall around the car.
Of course, I don't have a SINGLE photo on my phone of it, even incidentally in the background.

Imagine yours, but the outer two pipehandles are replaced with a 2x4 along the bottom acting as a lip. Then the middle pipehandle is made of wood and tall enough that the door handles rest on it. Wrap everything in cloth to prevent scratches.

Door sits on the dolly, painted-side inward, door handle against the wood middle, lip along the bottom keeping it from sliding out. Moves easily grabbing both door handles simultaneously in the middle.

edit: lmao maybe if i looked in the "Vehicle > Bronco" folder
MIND YOU, this was a test run using a bunch of leftover scraps from a different project, which is why it looks so... arts-and-crafts with the cloth. It looks better now, I promise.

Ford Bronco Door Hanger Options (i.e. Wall Hangers)? PXL_20230723_223023944

Last edited:
OP
OP
ralexander1211

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did something similar. Also lets you roll the door right up to the hinge, rather than carrying it from the wall around the car.
Of course, I don't have a SINGLE photo on my phone of it, even incidentally in the background.

Imagine yours, but the outer two pipehandles are replaced with a 2x4 along the bottom acting as a lip. Then the middle pipehandle is made of wood and tall enough that the door handles rest on it. Wrap everything in cloth to prevent scratches.

Door sits on the dolly, painted-side inward, door handle against the wood middle, lip along the bottom keeping it from sliding out. Moves easily grabbing both door handles simultaneously in the middle.
Pics or it didn't happen! (And I'm curious)

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Of course you'd reply literally a minute after I added a photo, haha.
The doors are more stable than they look, but you could also whip up a little C-shaped piece to hold the two handles together

Didn't catch at first that you also use the doorbags. If you have tight garage space, the bags are definitely a benefit. My doors are still exposed but I have enough space to safely wheel them behind the spare car, out of the way of any foot traffic. It also helps that I don't have to worry about kids in the garage

Also tossed a flat piece of plywood along the bottom, mostly to hold the wrench/bolts while the doors are off, partly so I don't get caught in the assembly stepping around it like a putz when it's not carrying doors. I can be a tad clumsy in the garage

(really glad I didn't get any of that glass primer on the Bronco 😬 )

Last edited:
OP
OP
ralexander1211

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Of course you'd reply literally a minute after I added a photo, haha.
The doors are more stable than they look, but you could also whip up a little C-shaped piece to hold the two handles together

Didn't catch at first that you also use the doorbags. If you have tight garage space, the bags are definitely a benefit. My doors are still exposed but I have enough space to safely wheel them behind the spare car, out of the way of any foot traffic. It also helps that I don't have to worry about kids in the garage

Also tossed a flat piece of plywood along the bottom, mostly to hold the wrench/bolts while the doors are off, partly so I don't get caught in the assembly stepping around it like a putz when it's not carrying doors. I can be a tad clumsy in the garage

(really glad I didn't get any of that glass primer on the Bronco 😬 )
I cringed - ouch!

Sponsored

ToddReynolds

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor, 2023 Badlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Door Hanger Options (i.e. Wall Hangers)? 1000004639

I made the PVC carrier but it took up too much valuable floor space for me. I went with the wall mount and haven't had any issues at all. If you worried about protecting the paint I would think you could still place the bags over them for extra protection.

OP
OP
ralexander1211

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1000004639.jpg

I made the PVC carrier but it took up too much valuable floor space for me. I went with the wall mount and haven't had any issues at all. If you worried about protecting the paint I would think you could still place the bags over them for extra protection.
Which Mount?

ToddReynolds

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor, 2023 Badlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Broaddict, I didn't like the plastic sleeve anchors that came with it so I got the metal expanding sleeve anchors and bolts from Lowes.
Ford Bronco Door Hanger Options (i.e. Wall Hangers)? 1000004932

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just made a rack out of an old pallet and some 2x4s and lined it with cardboard. Looks like shit but it does the job haha

OP
OP
ralexander1211

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I’m just going to go with bags and hooks on the wall. Hold up bags with hooks, and brace with additional hooks under the doors for support with most of the weight falling on the bottom supports.
Sponsored