First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 23 Bronco 4 door and I have to hit the drivers side panel with the palm of my hand very hard to get the panel off.
It looks to me like the metal bracket that the bolt from the top rests in, is slightly slanted, I assume that it needs to be leveled.
Anybody have this issue?
I tried searching but didn't find anything.
Thanks
Sponsored

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following. I have same problem. Not sure if the bracket can be adjusted and since under warranty I will let them fix this. I have fixed rattles and squeaks in a couple areas but scared if I screw with this and break something the Hard top is on me.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

23' 2 door BL with the same issue. Not the first couple of times I took it off but the last few it has stuck. I just bang it out of there. Not sure if I am causing damage or not. I remember at least a year ago there was a thread about similar issues.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

23' 2 door BL with the same issue. Not the first couple of times I took it off but the last few it has stuck. I just bang it out of there. Not sure if I am causing damage or not. I remember at least a year ago there was a thread about similar issues.
I'm not too worried about it if I am remembering the thread discussion correctly. Basically no fix but don't be afraid to hit it?

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scratch the pounding. I went out and took it off and on several times. Once a slight push of the panel forward worked with lifting up at same time. Could not replicate it the next three times. Basically I had to push it up from the back hard enough to pop it out. More stress on it then I was comfortable with. Not sure what the long term may cause. The metal piece seems to be flexible enough to do some garage bending. I may try it tomorrow. I will slightly bend it up and down to see if it helps.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay so maybe I shouldn't keep switching between the laptop and the Bronco. Apologies to anyone that may come across my ramblings.

I feel like I am live tweeting this event and should have gotten my ish together before posting results.

After ten plus on and offs it still sticks. Doesn't take much effort to lift from the back, right corner and start moving that corner to the left. Comes off with not much grabbing.

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the problem. The mount plate that the roof panel bolt sits in can be adjusted to make for an easier connection (on/off). I moved the roof panel slightly forward and back or side to side to find the right exit point but it gets stuck easily. After a while I heard a metal rattling noise that eventually brought be to the dealer to have them adjust the mounting plate. Now the noise is gone and itā€™s easier to find that on/off point for the roof panels. Hope that helps.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 23 Bronco 4 door and I have to hit the drivers side panel with the palm of my hand very hard to get the panel off.
It looks to me like the metal bracket that the bolt from the top rests in, is slightly slanted, I assume that it needs to be leveled.
Anybody have this issue?
I tried searching but didn't find anything.
Thanks
There is a thread about this. Misaligned hole openings on top by factory. Thread has pics by owner.

OP
OP

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, Iā€™ll try looking up the thread.

OP
OP

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I tried searching for it but didnā€™t find it. Do you have a link?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks so much for the help, I followed the link and was able to fix the latch.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same issue with my 23 2Door.

Long story short it was at the dealer for something like 7 weeks. During that time they replaced the roof panel, and changed the oil. Which was a couple hours work. So dumbā€¦I was also waiting on a driveshaft which was eventually replaced later during a separate visit. šŸ˜¤

Anyway I had suggested that they adjust the plate as I thought that was the issue on my top. The dealer ignored me on that topic, but the top panel is not stuck anymore.

Good luck.
Sponsored