First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good info on drones. I am also looing for one.
Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a lot of experience in fpv drones I’ve been building and flying them since the beginning about 9 years now. Look into the dji mini 4 pro, that is way more drone than you we ever need. It’s also under 250 grams so you don’t need to register it with the FAA. Watch some youtube videos on it before your first flight and you’ll be fine. The Dji drones are super easy to use anyone can fly them, they rarely have any issues it’s almost always user error when they crash or fly off. If it’s in your budget get the remote with the screen built in so you don’t need to use your phone. Way more convenient and much better flight experience with the nicer remote.

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-m...CMQVqzCAvFmShGOPY5KpsplzpXTP4OSxoC5YgQAvD_BwE

OP
OP

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a lot of experience in fpv drones I’ve been building and flying them since the beginning about 9 years now. Look into the dji mini 4 pro, that is way more drone than you we ever need. It’s also under 250 grams so you don’t need to register it with the FAA. Watch some youtube videos on it before your first flight and you’ll be fine. The Dji drones are super easy to use anyone can fly them, they rarely have any issues it’s almost always user error when they crash or fly off. If it’s in your budget get the remote with the screen built in so you don’t need to use your phone. Way more convenient and much better flight experience with the nicer remote.

https://store.dji.com/product/dji-m...CMQVqzCAvFmShGOPY5KpsplzpXTP4OSxoC5YgQAvD_BwE
Thanks. That model with the More combo that has the RC2 controller is at a good "starter" price point and seemed to be a good price/performance model. You can always upgrade but downgrading is not a good path. At my 0 skill level I figure object avoidance is probably a priority feature.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a new drone pilot I really wouldn't recommend the most expensive drone like a Mavic Pro. I would suggest a used Mini and get use to that. Then when you crash (everyone does) you aren't out a lot.

I started with a $50 drone with no GPS and no sensors. When I could actually keep that thing in the air (actually flying) I went to the Mavic Air and now the Mavic Air 2. But these days people rarely want learn the right way.
Sponsored