Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually have the factory auxiliary switches in the overhead console and are already using half of them for low current items so need the other three for planned higher current lights etc. That said, I now need at least one other low current item (supplemental interior lighting) and possibly a place to mount the Rockside Engineering override switches (when I finally receive it from the group buy). Thus, I am out of room.... The only solution is to add a couple more switches somewhere down in the dash. Was looking at a solution like below since you can get custom names added (not on this Amazon version but see this link if interested: High quality OTRATTW Contura XIV laser-etched lower independent LED rocker switches ). They also sell trim plates or boxes to mount any number of switches.

After checking out the Bronco I feel there are only two good solutions. One is below the factory headlight switch; to the right of the Emergency Brake Lever. However, that will take some heavy cutting since the plastic is thicker behind there (looks to be extra reinforcement in that area). I also thought about doing a custom box by having it protrude out at an angle similar to the factory light switch housing. I do some scale model building as a 2nd hobby and feel I could actually tackle this to make it look decent.

Ford Bronco Suggestions for aftermarket switch locations in dash 1641659891782
Ford Bronco Suggestions for aftermarket switch locations in dash 1641661045822

However an easier solution, as long as there is nothing blocking in the back, is to the front of the center console, just right of the USB plug (above the wireless phone charger). I say "right" since the USB port cover opens to the left, although I guess one could remove it if they need more switches.... I haven't taken off the center console yet to see how much room is behind this area. Has anyone thought of this area for extra switches? I bet a two switch box would easily fit lengthwise.

Ford Bronco Suggestions for aftermarket switch locations in dash 1641660554503
Sponsored