Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My issue is my dash camera has a 12V plug. Now if they made one that goes directly from the camera to a USB C, that would be awesome. Preferably without this massive 12V adapter piece; I’d love one just from the camera to USB-C to keep it clean. But no idea what that connection is called for the camera?
What is the camera you have?

All the dash cameras I’ve ever used have a USB connector on them for power, like a micro type B or something.

The camera comes with a 12v plug ended usb wire, but I end up just using a regular old usb cable plugged into a different usb charger.
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the camera you have?

All the dash cameras I’ve ever used have a USB connector on them for power, like a micro type B or something.

The camera comes with a 12v plug ended usb wire, but I end up just using a regular old usb cable plugged into a different usb charger.
Mine is a Blackvue 650GW or something like that. It’s definitely not a USB end plugging into the camera.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is a Blackvue 650GW or something like that. It’s definitely not a USB end Plugging into the camera.
Roger.

There should be a 12v switched feed under the dash for sure, you could always just get the “direct wire” kit and tap into that…

That dash can also looks similar to the one that Ford sells through the accessory catalog, perhaps you could utilize the Ford inline plug-and-play power connector that’s available?

(just spitballin’ here)

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roger.

There should be a 12v switched feed under the dash for sure, you could always just get the “direct wire” kit and tap into that…

That dash can also looks similar to the one that Ford sells through the accessory catalog, perhaps you could utilize the Ford inline plug-and-play power connector that’s available?

(just spitballin’ here)
I’m pretty stupid when it comes to electrical work and would prefer to keep it as simple as possible, but also to keep a clean look. Oh, and not screwing up my camera too lol.

Appreciate the suggestions though. I’ve gotten pretty good over the years with my trim removal tools and concealing wires if I don’t have any simple options.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m pretty stupid when it comes to electrical work and would prefer to keep it as simple as possible, but also to keep a clean look. Oh, and not screwing up my camera too lol.

Appreciate the suggestions though. I’ve gotten pretty good over the years with my trim removal tools and concealing wires if I don’t have any simple options.
I use this on my Jeep… easiest way I’ve ever found to tap into 12v… and I consider myself very comfortable splicing and tapping into things.

There may be a solution like this available eventually, though I wouldn’t necessarily expect it very soon.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_9801.htm

Ford Bronco 12V Locations for Dash Cameras 1CB900E5-8081-410D-BBA9-A8864B204933