Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm, is anyone planning on hardwiring their dash camera to an AUX switch? I know I said I was looking to just plug it in, but this might be a super simple solution since there should be wiring right there. Probably only need to conceal a few inches of wires, and can turn it on/off as required.

Any downside to doing this?
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was gonna suggest wiring an adapter to the overhead switches... but looks like you’re already thinking in that direction

chobit

Badlands
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper SE, MIata ND2 GT, Bronco Badland SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meh. I'm all about that plug and play. No need to splice wires or hack up a harness with the Schosche piece. That and it is transferable with ease to the next vehicle with complete use of the obd port.
No, you don't spice any wires, it's seat in place of the original fuse: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0MWPXU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is the one I use with my Miata. It's relatively clean, as you can simply remove the wire, and put the fuse back on when you are ready to sell the Bronco later. Many dash cam works best when you have a 12V power with the car off for the parking mode.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, you don't spice any wires, it's seat in place of the original fuse: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0MWPXU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is the one I use with my Miata. It's relatively clean, as you can simply remove the wire, and put the fuse back on when you are ready to sell the Bronco later. Many dash cam works best when you have a 12V power with the car off for the parking mode.
I'd still be splicing the USB type a connection on my camera harness 🤪 so this way it's plug and play and nothing gets cut or modified.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have a picture of the Bronco’s OBD-II port? I’m looking at the “Power Magic EZ OBD-II Kit” by Blackvue, but it does note that an OBD-II port that is recessed may not work with this (since there’s a wire that comes out of the side of it).

Any pictures would be helpful! This seems like the easiest solution for me, and utilizing the “parking” feature finally sounds like an additional win!

Edit: Unfortunately it seems as if this was discontinued by Blackvue due to some issues. Of course… the simple solution no longer exists! Oh well… Rather read all about it before I buy/install it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I first saw that, I thought it was a 12V outlet and was excited. But since it’s USB, I’d need to convert it; plus it’d probably drive me nuts having my plug right there as I’d still need to conceal the wire along the top of the windshield, down the A pillar, and then along the bottom of the windshield.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have a picture of the Bronco’s OBD-II port? I’m looking at the “Power Magic EZ OBD-II Kit” by Blackvue, but it does note that an OBD-II port that is recessed may not work with this (since there’s a wire that comes out of the side of it).

Any pictures would be helpful! This seems like the easiest solution for me, and utilizing the “parking” feature finally sounds like an additional win!
Removes the obd port function though.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Removes the obd port function though.
Can I not simply unplug this device if I need to hook up an OBD-II reader to the port? And then plug it back in after?

Last edited:

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can I not simply unplug this device if I need to hook up an OB-II reader to the port? And then plug it back in after?
I guess I'm more so interested in using a Cobb or Ford Performance tuner. That would constantly be plugged into my obd port.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
USB C can put out something stupid like 100w at 3amps. I would look to use that for your power source. Depending on your trim and package, you’ll have one near the climate control or on your dash. USB 2.0 type plugs are limited in output to about 10% of that.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

USB C can put out something stupid like 100w at 3amps. I would look to use that for your power source. Depending on your trim and package, you’ll have one near the climate control or on your dash. USB 2.0 type plugs are limited in output to about 10% of that.
My issue is my dash camera has a 12V plug. Now if they made one that goes directly from the camera to a USB C, that would be awesome. Preferably without this massive 12V adapter piece; I’d love one just from the camera to USB-C to keep it clean. But no idea what that connection is called for the camera?

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve used Mirror Tap on all my cars and it’s very easy to get a clean install using power from the rear view mirror.

they seem to have kits for the Broncos already…
Sponsored