ontheheel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been running an EcoFlow Delta 2 in the back of my Bronco for about six months now. It’s actually my third unit, as it has been replaced under warranty twice. When I left a negative review on Amazon, they contacted me directly and offered me a $50 Amazon GC to take it down. If you pay attention, there aren’t many (any?) long-term reviews of their products that I have found, and most of the YouTube reviews are either sponsored or the unit is provided by EcoFlow.

Having said that, I was wanting to go with a hardwired setup anyway, because it takes up so much room. With a family of five, I’m looking for every way to maximize storage space. Have had my eye on the AAL bracket with Dakota lithium batteries, but it seems that option is now off the table.
Has anyone else come up with a solution to use the floor storage for batteries (and charger)?
Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After having some time to think through what my needs are, I'm leaning towards what I'm calling a hybrid approach. I like the idea of having a simple, portable power station that I can take out of the Bronco when at camp or at home to charge up or use in our tent, but I also want to take advantage of the faster charging provided by DC-DC chargers.

I came up with this plan that allows for outlets & lights I integrate into the Bronco to run off a portable power supply with the ability to switch to running off the starter battery for certain cases (when the power station isn't connected). The power station would all be hooked up through a single Anderson connector for quick disconnect. I also accounted for an accessory plug for hooking up my air compressor at the back of the Bronco when airing up the tires that would run directly off the starter battery (with the engine running).

An added benefit to this system is I could upgrade my power station if my needs change without having to mess with how it all interfaces with the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply Frame 20

Last edited: