ontheheel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been running an EcoFlow Delta 2 in the back of my Bronco for about six months now. It’s actually my third unit, as it has been replaced under warranty twice. When I left a negative review on Amazon, they contacted me directly and offered me a $50 Amazon GC to take it down. If you pay attention, there aren’t many (any?) long-term reviews of their products that I have found, and most of the YouTube reviews are either sponsored or the unit is provided by EcoFlow.

Having said that, I was wanting to go with a hardwired setup anyway, because it takes up so much room. With a family of five, I’m looking for every way to maximize storage space. Have had my eye on the AAL bracket with Dakota lithium batteries, but it seems that option is now off the table.
Has anyone else come up with a solution to use the floor storage for batteries (and charger)?
Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After having some time to think through what my needs are, I'm leaning towards what I'm calling a hybrid approach. I like the idea of having a simple, portable power station that I can take out of the Bronco when at camp or at home to charge up or use in our tent, but I also want to take advantage of the faster charging provided by DC-DC chargers.

I came up with this plan that allows for outlets & lights I integrate into the Bronco to run off a portable power supply with the ability to switch to running off the starter battery for certain cases (when the power station isn't connected). The power station would all be hooked up through a single Anderson connector for quick disconnect. I also accounted for an accessory plug for hooking up my air compressor at the back of the Bronco when airing up the tires that would run directly off the starter battery (with the engine running).

An added benefit to this system is I could upgrade my power station if my needs change without having to mess with how it all interfaces with the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply Frame 20

Last edited:

theblacktruth

Badlands
First Name
Cyril
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I’ve gathered up just about everything to do my install. Got the Redarc smart shunt today so I can monitor the system from their app on my phone. Still waiting on 2 more 18AH batteries to arrive this weekend. Also went ahead and mounted my air compressor while I wait to get everything wired up and the air lines ran to each wheel well.

PSA: Dakota Lithium no longer sells the 18AH battery and instead they are shipping out a new 20AH battery in its place for the same price. I ordered 2 more 18AH batteries from them and got 2 of the new 20AH batteries a few days ago and had to send them back. The downside is that even though Dakota Lithium says these are direct replacement, the 20AH batteries are about an 1/8” longer. The American adventure labs battery holders do not fit over the 20AH batteries and the 20AH batteries cant fit 4 across in the battery multi mount that American Adventure Labs sells because of the extra length of each battery and the tight tolerance of the mount. Not an issue if you don’t plan to run four batteries in the mount. 3 will fit fine. I need the 4 batteries since I plan to run the ARB twin compressor off these batteries. I spent days looking for old stock of the 18AH and pretty much no one has them anymore and I ended up barely finding 2 for sale on eBay. Should be here this weekend. Just thought I would let others know in case they were trying to run this set up. I’ll email American Adventure Labs to let them know tomorrow.

I've been looking for an alternative battery for this setup with no luck. Have you happened upon any substitutes since?

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've been looking for an alternative battery for this setup with no luck. Have you happened upon any substitutes since?
Unfortunately there aren’t any that I’ve seen. I don’t think American Adventure Lab has either because they still have the multi mount as not available to order. Still can fit 3 of the new 20 AH batteries in that area if you decide to go that route.

theblacktruth

Badlands
First Name
Cyril
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm happy to do 3 rather than 4, but that doesn't solve the problem with the bracket being discontinued. Also I'm not sure what would need to be done (if anything?) to account for the difference in output voltage?

Unfortunately there aren’t any that I’ve seen. I don’t think American Adventure Lab has either because they still have the multi mount as not available to order. Still can fit 3 of the new 20 AH batteries in that area if you decide to go that route.

Sponsored

theblacktruth

Badlands
First Name
Cyril
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm happy to do 3 rather than 4, but that doesn't solve the problem with the bracket being discontinued. Also I'm not sure what would need to be done (if anything?) to account for the difference in output voltage?

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As long as the batteries are wired in parallel then the voltage will be the same. Can be 3, 4, or 100. Doesn’t matter if wired in parallel. The bracket being discontinued is a problem though.
Sponsored