Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any insight on this topic?

As I’m looking into it with an intermediate understanding of electronics seems like a dual battery will better suit my needs vs cost of a 1000w backup psu.

My goal, add enough power to run a fridge and additional accessory charging via USB ports I don’t really need 110v but that would be nice to have.

Any brands out there with kits for dual batteries? Anyone thinking backup psu is a better solution. - Why?
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't run a dual battery setup before, but plenty of companies will make them. They just don't have battery trays for them yet because Ford is still working on the engine bay (to my knowledge), and they probably wont have anything on the market until they have had their own Broncos for a while to build something.

Assuming there is space in the engine bay, it shouldn't be too long. If there isn't space, you can always add one to the cargo area or somewhere else in the Bronco.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Check out American Adventure Labs. They currently have a solution for Wranglers that combines an onboard compressor with an add-on Odyssey battery, including a remote panel for controls/fuses. I’ve got to imagine they’ll do something similar for the Bronco.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's just too early. They are not even scheduled to get all the kinks out of making the Bronco for another few months. I'm sure if there is room under the hood a second battery option will pop up as others have said. If not something could be made to work. A remote battery or generator or solar cells and a battery. These are also all the same issues boats have so you can look at the marine environment if you really want to get nerdy.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure Genesis will come up with something
Agreed. I spoke to Shane Smith, the owner of Genesis Offroad, a couple of months ago, and he told me he was planning to look at the Bronco to see what he can do, but at the time he didn’t know how much room he’d have to work with.

If there’s not enough room under the hood, I suspect he will figure out a solution in another location, likely in the cargo area. I know the 12V battery in my Lexus SUV is under the floor of the cargo area, but I don’t know if there is enough room there in the Bronco?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. I spoke to Shane Smith, the owner of Genesis Offroad, a couple of months ago, and he told me he was planning to look at the Bronco to see what he can do, but at the time he didn’t know how much room he’d have to work with.

If there’s not enough room under the hood, I suspect he will figure out a solution in another location, likely in the cargo area. I know the 12V battery in my Lexus SUV is under the floor of the cargo area, but I don’t know if there is enough room there in the Bronco?
Hell yeah. Thanks for the leg-work. (y)

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out American Adventure Labs. They currently have a solution for Wranglers that combines an onboard compressor with an add-on Odyssey battery, including a remote panel for controls/fuses. I’ve got to imagine they’ll do something similar for the Bronco.
This is also on my radar. Agreed this is a slick solution, adapting something like this to the Bronco would be excellent.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has spotted American Adventure Labs compressor mount and implemented? As a light user, this seems way better than mounting in the engine bay to me, and single seems like it would be sufficient...
Ford Bronco Dual Battery Setups vs Portable Power supply Screenshot_20220904_201918

Cargo Floor Multi Mount

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am scheduled with them in less than 2 weeks for the 4 battery bank and will let you know in 3 weeks or so how they treated me.
Scheduled as in they're doing the install?
Sponsored