Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EG Badlands Sasquatch / 22 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have always been a minimalist camper, so I’m not sure how far I am going to dive into overlanding equipment amenities? I will start here though. Just received this as a gift.
1000W 933wh
IMG_4567.jpeg

IMG_4571.jpeg

IMG_4572.jpeg

IMG_4568.jpeg

IMG_4569.jpeg

IMG_4570.jpeg

Similar to a Jackery 1000 w/ solar panels.

Has 12V, 120V, and solar charging. Has 2 - 120VAC outlets, 1 - 12VDC outlet, 3 USB charging ports, 1 USB-C charging port, wireless charger, led flashlight, led light in the handle?, and LCD screen.

I will find out how much these cost and where to buy. Don’t know since it was a gift? I did a quick google search and didn’t see anything. I will contact the manufacturer and find out and report back.
Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://eslvision.com/promotions/portable-power-station/
not much info about where to buy them. Possibly only available via industrial or commercial vendors. "USA" company, but likely made elsewhere. Nothing on their website leading to those items, nothing on their youtube either.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've used both Jackery and Goal Zero units before. I honestly couldn't say one is better than the other. I suspect they are all made in the same factory in China, and it's just the plastic outer housing that really is any different.

The key is knowing what you want to power with it, and for how long, and then sizing them appropriately. I love that they are silent (or nearly so, maybe a fan at times), and that you can trickle charge them while driving. I've heard some people have trouble with that with some brands though and it trips the rear power port offline on overload.

The solar panels are a neat idea, but just realize they are going to charge extremely slowly. Fine if you can leave it out all day without the unit powering anything to trickle charge (and you keep moving the panel so it stays in direct sun), but don't expect it to go from dead to full in a few hours - more like a few days.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use mine quite a bit when camping off grid in my RTT. Your solar panel looks a bit meek so you may not get a ton out of that. Maybe upgrade that if you find that you're using the battery a good bit.

I have a Bluetti EB70s with 716Wh capacity and I use it often to power my fridge overnight, my CPAP and some of my LED lights. It's a great square size and comes in a soft-sided carry case so it doesn't take up a lot of room. I also have a folding 200W solar panel that charges the unit fully back up during the day. My ARB Zero fridge will run almost 4 days on a single charge, however, my CPAP plus my fridge depletes it by about 50% nightly.

OP
OP
TheSquatch

TheSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EG Badlands Sasquatch / 22 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t plan to use the solar panels much. Will charge before I leave the house and in the Bronco while driving between camping spots. The solar panels are only 100w and a backup, so I expected a very slow charge.

The size is good and won’t take up too much room. Will be nice to run a fan or small fridge and not buy expensive equipment to do such from the Bronco potentially running down the car battery.
Sponsored