Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I currently own a Makita MP100DZ. It's perfectly serviceable for filling low tires on a normal car/suv, but i have a sneaking suspicion that airing up 4 35" tires from 20 to 39psi is going to be... undesirable.

Especially since Makita refuses to quote airflow. Seriously. I've called Makita customer service about it and they say the only published specs are 5 minute continuous runtime with 50% duty cycle, and up to 120psi. Not a CFM rating anywhere to be found. I know airing up is usually a good time to run down the checklist and stop and have a snack, but 40 minutes filling tires is kinda ridiculous, and I don't even know how many Ah worth of batteries i'll need to bring along.

First thing I am doing when i get my Bronco home sometime in 2023 is to do a practice run with my current air compressor.

Second thing I am going to do is probably buy a better air compressor.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
lol i am sure they are the same. just giving u a hard time i thought thats what we did here lol i would buy that if i didn't have the smitty all ready
Yes, I was in the wrong state of mind... LOL. Anyway, I was surprised by how beefy this thing really is, I didn't honestly expect it to weight 20 lbs after I peeled all the packing away, but it definitely has heft.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DeWalt also is releasing a battery powered 2.5 gallon compressor....If you already have the larger batteries...slam dunk.
Sponsored