Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

we still have a Focus that is flex fuel, at a certain price it makes sense to use E85, but the majority of time it has 87.
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't plan to turn up the boost/tune beyond a ford performance tune would do and assume that would be 93 based.

I have thought about trying to hook up a flex-fuel type setup or just run E85 for when I want to use the bottle on the 94. 10.5:1 comp and 150hp shot...I would like the E85 price for over 100 unleaded. Stupid SN95 fuel system needs a upgraded part and I would need to jump up in injectors as my 24s are already high on the duty/PW/BSFC in the datalogs.

But F yeah E85 is cool especially compared to anything over 93. I think those of us wanting to run it are not super concerned about mpg.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't plan to turn up the boost/tune beyond a ford performance tune would do and assume that would be 93 based.
I have a current Ford factory performance tune that is basically min 91 requirement for a 93 tune.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a current Ford factory performance tune that is basically min 91 requirement for a 93 tune.

AH ok, makes sense with 93 not being everywhere. We have lots of stations with both but good to know/note.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fixed it for you. So much so, that it is not worth it on a vehicle such as this.
Definitely not true if you are already running 93 octane. Looking at it with my CTS-V and prices in my area it's about the same. You have to look at dollars per gallon verses MPG. Oh and once you figure in the "fun factor" it's a win! LOL

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Definitely not true if you are already running 93 octane. Looking at it with my CTS-V and prices in my area it's about the same. You have to look at dollars per gallon verses MPG. Oh and once you figure in the "fun factor" it's a win! LOL
It's absolutely true, i can literally watch the needle move while driving. Fun? Yes. Straight E85 with a bronco and you're probably looking at 12MPG at best. Flex is a different story.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's absolutely true, i can literally watch the needle move while driving. Fun? Yes. Straight E85 with a bronco and you're probably looking at 12MPG at best. Flex is a different story.
I came to the 12-13mpg conclusion thinking about it the other day. My F-150 averages just under 14mpg on it. With a 2-door that's about 200 miles range if you run the tank pretty low. That sucks but E85 is plentiful around me luckily, Locally at least.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand it consumes more E85 but it doesn't necessarily cost more to run, at least in my case compared to 93. I run the stuff everyday and will be running it on my 70 Formula as soon as I fire up the new motor.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With E85, it’s not Miles per gallon, it’s SMILES per gallon! If it’s your daily and you have a long commute, more frequent fill ups might get annoying but other than that, it’s magic!
Sponsored