Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This made me laugh, but also frustrated at the same time since these broncos aren’t cheap! Thanks for tip on the service person.
You have to remember that no matter what trim Bronco you went with you still got a base interior (with the exception of possibly vinyl seats and lux BS radio). All 6th gens are $30k vehicles just some have more off-road stuff bolted on than others and then marked up accordingly.
All that said the plastic is still trash.. no argument there. Just never going to be $70k BMW plastic no matter what you paid
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Six months and 11k miles: I have scratches around the accelerator and kick panel, mainly from getting out to scout trail conditions/severity and getting back in with clay or mud that dries. Really, other than that, no problems! 👀 😁

Which is funny, because I'm usually harder on clothes and couches than other people, even though I buy nice clothes and couches. :rolleyes: :whistle:

Also, $50k is a lot, but also about the average cost of a new car in the US. Unfortunately.

Not the biggest fan of the interior (skimpy in some ways, flabby in others), but I'm not sure "cheap" plastics is the only or even biggest motivation for the choice of materials. Ford engineers have lots of considerations and the combination of those led them to use what they did. Hopefully later models get better/more attention to detail, especially in terms of materials, color options, and lighting. To wit, they will get more expensive if not G Wagon expensive.

You might check out some upgrades like carbon fiber inserts, if you like the style. Otherwise, probably the best I can recommend is to get tint, use a windshield cover, and apply conditioners that keep the plastic from drying out. I also make sure and vacuum and use cleaning clothes, etc.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone once mentioned using a heat gun on the interior scratches. Unfortunately, I did not follow up to see how it was done or special techniques that may be required??

Anyone know of this?

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no excusing the cheap plastic Ford used in the Bronco. Ford apologists will argue that the Bronco is supposed to get scratched because it’s an off-roader. That is an awful argument IMO. The fact that it’s an off-roader means that they should have used tougher plastics to help prevent scratches.

Still love my Bronco despite all of that. Ford has some good areas for improvement on future model years.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That looks like some hard dent/scratches.
Bronco's interiors are indeed cheap but it is utilitarian and quite durable.
Luxury counterpart are usually the opposite.

I'm one of those OCD type that religiously takes care of my cars. I have not run into issues like these...

OP
OP
LC84

LC84

Black Diamond
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

[/QUOTEAgree[/QUOTE]
That looks like some hard dent/scratches.
Bronco's interiors are indeed cheap but it is utilitarian and quite durable.
Luxury counterpart are usually the opposite.

I'm one of those OCD type that religiously takes care of my cars. I have not run into issues like these...
well aren’t you lucky?

Last edited:

TXDOZER

Base
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Basesquatch & 2020 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wear a couple pretty big watches and my driver door panel is destroyed from reaching for my seatbelt. Learned a long time ago that if you're going spend $$$ on watches get ready to destroy shirt cuffs. Wasn't expecting door interiors.
I'm trying to get a carbon fiber overlay for that area on both sides that would protect it and still look good but haven't any luck yet. If anyone has any ideas I'm listening.
Sponsored