Sponsored

EASY Rear Window Storage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve been driving with my rear windows off for ease of folding my top down for 14 of 17 days since delivery.
On my first drive, I thought they were about to take flight and end up on the interstate behind me.
I knew that I didn’t want to store them permanently in the garage, so I ordered a small cargo net. At first, I secured them flat DOWN in the back. Then I realized that I couldn’t put anything else back there without scratching them up. Turns out they can be stored vertically against the back of the rear seats!
Check it out and let me know what you think.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JHB3BSH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

BAFB5D36-B23E-45F5-9004-316D53AE1B8C.jpeg
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great idea. I wonder how they’ll do over time since they aren’t laying flat? Genuinely curious; I’ve never owned a soft top so I wonder if the edges curling like that will make the wrinkly windows worse over time?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great idea. I wonder how they’ll do over time since they aren’t laying flat? Genuinely curious; I’ve never owned a soft top so I wonder if the edges curling like that will make the wrinkly windows worse over time?
The side windows are riding perfectly flat against the back seat.
What you see curling around at the sides are the hard, molded plastic corners of the rear window that remain curled wherever you put them. So far, it seems that it’s this rigid curled plastic structure that actually gives some stability to the other windows behind it (up against The back seat). It may be what’s keeping them from sagging.
This setup will likely be replaced by a similar (superior commercial) idea. For now… this is working great!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh clever. Does the net scratch the plastic windows at all?
Not yet, although I’m sure if dirt got in there it could. I’m planning to overlap the windows with a cloth to prevent any chance of that. Probably more likely to scratch each other if the plastic is dirty.

mcrank

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve been driving with my rear windows off for ease of folding my top down for 14 of 17 days since delivery.
On my first drive, I thought they were about to take flight and end up on the interstate behind me.
I knew that I didn’t want to store them permanently in the garage, so I ordered a small cargo net. At first, I secured them flat DOWN in the back. Then I realized that I couldn’t put anything else back there without scratching them up. Turns out they can be stored vertically against the back of the rear seats!

Ford Bronco EASY Rear Window Storage BAFB5D36-B23E-45F5-9004-316D53AE1B8C
Brilliant! Ordering my right now!

Sponsored

Dad23Fords

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The cargo net idea also works perfectly with the rear window corners wrapped around the sides of the back seat.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s exactly how I have mine right now!
In the meanwhile, I’ve also built a storage area which flattens out the rear to match the height of the folded down seats. This is now where I put my side windows. It keeps them flat and extra protected from junk being tossed in the back.

59E0A403-CC3E-4914-B2F2-F383FE354B3B.jpeg

BC34AEAB-458E-4BB3-83DF-AED9DC0E08D2.jpeg

7B3DC7FA-0E08-4E9C-89AC-D81543FF6FB5.jpeg

7B1102A1-6146-460D-A005-29836848C7C7.jpeg

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a gap between the Ford cargo locker and the seats. Wonder if the windows will fit in there.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco EASY Rear Window Storage 7B1102A1-6146-460D-A005-29836848C7C7
Very clever!
Sponsored