Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone installed a set of these Ebay fog lights with brackets? I'm looking more for looks as to function, the wife don't do any off roading but she would like some "fog lights" and I don't see any reason to break the bank for a set. Link

Ford Bronco Ebay Fog Lights s-l1600
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone installed a set of these Ebay fog lights with brackets? I'm looking more for looks as to function, the wife don't do any off roading but she would like some "fog lights" and I don't see any reason to break the bank for a set. Link

Ford Bronco Ebay Fog Lights s-l1600
If you want a GOOD, QUALITY, AMERICAN MADE set of lights. Check out the fog kits we offer

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

YEAH you will pay a bit more but let me tell you, there's no comparison between the quality and patterns. We also have street legal options. You can get a USA made triple fog kit for $647.10 shipped when you use coupon code BRONCO6G

Ford Bronco Ebay Fog Lights Diode4

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You should at least consider getting fog lights that you can legally use on the road, with a sae approved beam pattern. The ones you linked to aren't fogs, they have a 30* wide (very narrow) spot beam. Fog lights have a wide beam pattern that light up the shoulders of the road well. Sae legal means they have a vertical beam cutoff that won't shine up into oncoming drivers' eyes.

I was on a budget too, but wanted good fogs. I went with a pair of Diode Dynamics SS3 3" fogs ($170 on sale), a pair of SBL sae driving lights ($90 pr), mounted on $30 eBay brackets.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat...le-2-pack/category/2/+beam_pattern_st-Driving
https://www.ebay.com/itm/404455973094

You can get a NiLight wiring kit for about $20 on Amazon.

4x4TruckLEDs also offers a Stage series fog light. They're presently $400 but were recently on sale for 20 or 30% off during the holidays.
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...ckets-for-2021-ford-bronco-hd-modular-bumper/

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
6 lights, brackets, wiring harness for $125. I'll be amazed if it's not a scam or absolute garbage.

If you try it, let us know.

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Tundra, Explorer, IS500, '23 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you just want something to fill the space in the bumper, these are probably fine.
If you need something to be functional and dependable, then the US made options listed in the the thread are a good choice.
Once installed, the eBay ones will probably look fine. Especially during the day and not being energized.

Sponsored

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you want a GOOD, QUALITY, AMERICAN MADE set of lights. Check out the fog kits we offer

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

YEAH you will pay a bit more but let me tell you, there's no comparison between the quality and patterns. We also have street legal options. You can get a USA made triple fog kit for $647.10 shipped when you use coupon code BRONCO6G

Diode4.jpg
"A bit more"...

... over 4x the cost is not 'a bit more'.. that's a shit ton more. Especially for a guy who in his original post told everyone that the lights are going to be used as a fashion statement more than anything else.

I realize that theres some wierd genetic fuckery going on in the minds of salesmen that makes it compulsory to try and pry every last penny they can out of current and/or potential customers... but that statement is just beyond ridiculous lol.

To the OP... buy the lights. They might not be fog pattern.. no.. but they CAN be aimed so their functional for your wife AND safe for oncoming traffic. Take the 500$ you saved from not purchasing the incredibly overkill setup from ledshills.com.. take the wife out to eat.. buy her a kitten.. and get ready to beat them cheeks once you two get home.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
"A bit more"...

... over 4x the cost is not 'a bit more'.. that's a shit ton more. Especially for a guy who in his original post told everyone that the lights are going to be used as a fashion statement more than anything else.

I realize that theres some wierd genetic fuckery going on in the minds of salesmen that makes it compulsory to try and pry every last penny they can out of current and/or potential customers... but that statement is just beyond ridiculous lol.

To the OP... buy the lights. They might not be fog pattern.. no.. but they CAN be aimed so their functional for your wife AND safe for oncoming traffic. Take the 500$ you saved from not purchasing the incredibly overkill setup from ledshills.com.. take the wife out to eat.. buy her a kitten.. and get ready to beat them cheeks once you two get home.
You get what you pay for! OP already dished out good money for his Wildtrak. IMO I would want lights that not only look good, but also function well as the rest of my Bronco. Complement my spend on the Wildtrak and leverage the AUX switches to work as designed. Why take short cuts with throw away lights?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You get what you pay for! OP already dished out good money for his Wildtrak. IMO I would want lights that not only look good, but also function well as the rest of my Bronco. Complement my spend on the Wildtrak and leverage the AUX switches to work as designed. Why take short cuts with throw away lights?
Wow folks here are deaf. The lights are not for you, for your truck or for your application. Read the OP again. Concerned about LOOKS primarily.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"A bit more"...

This is one of the best responses/posts I have ever read on Bronco6g!!

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I paid good money for my bronco too... but I didn't hesitate to at all to purchase harbor freight ditch lights for it šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø why? Because they function as well as the rest of my Bronco.

Really. The lights are for a fashion statement.

Suggesting that 650$ lights are the way to go in this situation is comparable to suggesting to your nieghbor who wants to buy a starter toolkit so he can do basic maintenance to his lawnmower that he absolutely NEEDS to buy snap-on stuff, and buy a snap-on box to store them in.

The thought is about as unreasonable as it gets.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sure buy them for looks but please donā€™t turn them with oncoming trafficā€¦better yet, donā€™t hook them upā€¦

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They might not be fog pattern.. no.. but they CAN be aimed so their functional for your wife AND safe for oncoming traffic.
I agree with your sentiment about buying lights for ones needs, and not spending 4x just because some forum nerds said to. This is the only part I'm not very sure about. A lot goes into beam pattern and cut off design. I am not confident these ebay spot beam pattern lights can ever be both functional and safe for oncoming traffic.

If OP only intends to turn them on when no oncoming traffic is present, then he should go ham on these.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with your sentiment about buying lights for ones needs, and not spending 4x just because some forum nerds said to. This is the only part I'm not very sure about. A lot goes into beam pattern and cut off design. I am not confident these ebay spot beam pattern lights can ever be both functional and safe for oncoming traffic.

If OP only intends to turn them on when no oncoming traffic is present, then he should go ham on these.
I don't know that they will ever be turned on, like I said in the beginning more for looks than anything else.
Sponsored