Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eibach just released their "stage 1 kit" for distribution.... finally.

They used my bronco for prototyping. They are very good on and off road. I have factory arms front and rear. The only modification to the suspension is the shock/spring package. This was the point, so that it would be available to the widest audience possible.

https://eibach.com/us/c-988-product-releases-2021-2022-ford-bronco-2-door-4-door.html#page

I've had these on for over 10k miles. I've taken it to Overland Expo West and PNW. It was driven by me the whole time to both events and back (about 5k miles with some offraod adventures and visiting family along the way). Road manners are excellent. Also, it's seen offroading here in Southern California. in places like Lytle Creek, Cleghorn, Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake Canyon (including "The Rock"), Holcomb Creek and several other small offroad areas. It's all been a great experience.

if your interested in seeing more adventures with the system and with my bronco, check out my IG: @shooter_mc_ryan

Here are some pics from a recent trip to Cleghorn for photos with 1552 wheels. I took these pics on my cell phone so if they look like hot garbage, that's why.

Ford Bronco Eibach Stage 1.0 System Screenshot_20221105-035536_Chrome

Ford Bronco Eibach Stage 1.0 System 20221024_070556

Ford Bronco Eibach Stage 1.0 System 20221024_071150

Ford Bronco Eibach Stage 1.0 System 20221024_072426

Ford Bronco Eibach Stage 1.0 System 20221024_072434

Ford Bronco Eibach Stage 1.0 System 20221024_072452

Ford Bronco Eibach Stage 1.0 System 20221024_072455

Ford Bronco Eibach Stage 1.0 System 20221024_082540

Ford Bronco Eibach Stage 1.0 System 20221024_082746
Sponsored

Last edited:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting. Wonder what these are going to be priced at compared to their coilovers.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I only see the stage 2 system?

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting. Wonder what these are going to be priced at compared to their coilovers.
MSRP is $1194. I'm sure street price will be a little less with possible discounts etc. If you go to my IG, there are links to a dealer I work with. I don't want to get banned here so I'm not posting them here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I only see the stage 2 system?
I just clicked the link to verify, it should go to the new product release page for the 1.0 system.

I can answer most questions about it, if you have any

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MSRP is $1194. I'm sure street price will be a little less with possible discounts etc. If you go to my IG, there is a discount code available on my posts there.
Ouch!! I've seen the coilovers for as low as $1200. I figure these would be priced around the $700-$800 price point like their other stage 1 kits.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just clicked the link to verify, it should go to the new product release page for the 1.0 system.

I can answer most questions about it, if you have any
Got it. I didn’t scroll down, I just put in my bronco and it only pulled the stage 2. Thanks!

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ouch!! I've seen the coilovers for as low as $1200. I figure these would be priced around the $700-$800 price point like their other stage 1 kits.
That's fair... however,

It took them many months longer than intended to get these to market because of supply chain issues and such. Also, they are not like most other stage 1s in their lineup since there is another set of coils for the rear. If you get a ranger set (for example), it's only front coils/shocks and rear shocks. Furthermore, inflation due to current political bs isn't helping.

Really it's one of the best options out there right now for a height adjustable system.

Street prices will likely be lower, I'm sure. But like I said, that's MSRP for right now. Just for reference the MSRP on the stage 2 threaded body coilovers, is $1911 right now. Again, MSRP not street price. Different places will have different pricing due to volume distribuitor discounts etc etc. That's why I didn't want to quote a street price on it.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's fair... however,

It took them many months longer than intended to get these to market because of supply chain issues and such. Also, they are not like most other stage 1s in their lineup since there is another set of coils for the rear. If you get a ranger set (for example), it's only front coils/shocks and rear shocks. Furthermore, inflation due to current political bs isn't helping.

Really it's one of the best options out there right now for a height adjustable system.

Street prices will likely be lower, I'm sure. But like I said, that's MSRP for right now. Just for reference the MSRP on the stage 2 threaded body coilovers, is $1911 right now. Again, MSRP not street price. Different places will have different pricing due to volume distribuitor discounts etc etc. That's why I didn't want to quote a street price on it.
How are these adjustable??? They are a fixed height monotube shock with spring. The coilovers are adjustable.

I'm not knocking them by any means. I love Eibach suspension. They would be my first choice. I just think they should be a little more competitively priced compared to the coilovers. People see a few hundred dollr difference between a fixed height suspension and an adjustable one which way are they going to go??

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How are these adjustable??? They are a fixed height monotube shock with spring. The coilovers are adjustable.

I'm not knocking them by any means. I love Eibach suspension. They would be my first choice. I just think they should be a little more competitively priced compared to the coilovers. People see a few hundred dollr difference between a fixed height suspension and an adjustable one which way are they going to go??
The 1.0 is a "clip" height adjustment system. The threaded body system is a true coil on shock "Coilover" that most people identify as a coilover. This system is more entry level than their "Stage 2" system with the threaded body coils. My personal recommendation is that if you're going to be doing overlanding but still dailying the bronco the 2.0 might be the best bet. It allows you to fine tune for loads and then slacken the system to give you a non "stinkbug" stance while not loaded. The stage 1.0 would require more work to accomplish this. I mostly just do day trips so I pack light and the 1.0 is a very good upgrade over stock. Further, it works great with stock arms and components. I have had no weird wear on anything and I have not had an issue with any alignment angles that would cause weird tire wear. The 2.0 system also works well with stock suspension components, and it has the advantage of a more refine-able ride height.

If you're talking about something like a full on fox, radflo, king, icon, remote reservoir system, you're looking at $2k+ per axle. Even some systems without remotes are pushing 2k per axle.

ETA: I think the Eibach kits strike a good balance of performance for dollar with either system. Do you get the performance of a full on remote reservoir 2.5 inch body coilover? No, but you're all in for way less than half price of just the components of systems like that. Plus most of those won't play very nice with factory arms (especially if you are going to try and take advantage of all the travel those systems are optimized for).

Also, here is a link that more appropriately explains the perch clip adjustment. I'm not an engineer so I feel like anything I'd say would be lacking of substantive info: https://eibach.com/us/pro-truck-lift

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks great! They are also exactly in the lift range I wanted which is good.

Compared to the stock Hitachis, how is the on road ride?

OP
OP
Bigguyry2000

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks great! They are also exactly in the lift range I wanted which is good.

Compared to the stock Hitachis, how is the on road ride?
100% better. It's firm without being harsh and offroad it is much firmer. I bottomed the stock shocks pretty regularly hitting not only the exhaust but the bumps. Haven't done that with the eibach system even when my whole bronco was in the air... which it was a few times in Johnson Valley on a bronco Knoll run.

Like I said before, if you're going to run a heavy setup on weekends and light during daily commute, the stage 2 might be better. But I carry pretty much all my crap with me everywhere... mostly because I'm too lazy to remove it. The only thing I take off is my recovery gear box on the roof (about 40lbs) because im pretty sure I'm not going to need snatch blocks, shackles and kinetic ropes on the commute. Everything else goes with me daily, like my jack, tools, air compressor, air lines, etc. It's come in handy a few times for helping other people on the road. Why turn a wrench like a peasant when I can use my 18v makita impact to zip lugs off and on again. I even carry a torque wrench lol. But, if you're overlanding on the weekend and carrying significantly heavier, the threaded body coil 2.0 system is probably worth the extra coin.

ETA: I road tripped this thing from Riverside, California to Overland expo West in Flagstaff and overland expo PNW in Remdond, Oregon. Round trip with stops to those combined was like 5k miles, seeing family, a few offroad jaunts. Zero complaints. I run a C-load rated KO2 which undoubtedly helps a bit with that being a softer sidewall. But the supension is 100% good to go. Eibach knows their stuff with these systems. About 10k miles so far on my prototype system and no complaints at all.

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

100% better. It's firm without being harsh and offroad it is much firmer. I bottomed the stock shocks pretty regularly hitting not only the exhaust but the bumps. Haven't done that with the eibach system even when my whole bronco was in the air... which it was a few times in Johnson Valley on a bronco Knoll run.

Like I said before, if you're going to run a heavy setup on weekends and light during daily commute, the stage 2 might be better. But I carry pretty much all my crap with me everywhere... mostly because I'm too lazy to remove it. The only thing I take off is my recovery gear box on the roof (about 40lbs) because im pretty sure I'm not going to need snatch blocks, shackles and kinetic ropes on the commute. Everything else goes with me daily, like my jack, tools, air compressor, air lines, etc. It's come in handy a few times for helping other people on the road. Why turn a wrench like a peasant when I can use my 18v makita impact to zip lugs off and on again. I even carry a torque wrench lol. But, if you're overlanding on the weekend and carrying significantly heavier, the threaded body coil 2.0 system is probably worth the extra coin.

ETA: I road tripped this thing from Riverside, California to Overland expo West in Flagstaff and overland expo PNW in Remdond, Oregon. Round trip with stops to those combined was like 5k miles, seeing family, a few offroad jaunts. Zero complaints. I run a C-load rated KO2 which undoubtedly helps a bit with that being a softer sidewall. But the supension is 100% good to go. Eibach knows their stuff with these systems. About 10k miles so far on my prototype system and no complaints at all.
Thank you very much for the info and impressions. We aren't huge overlanders, so load distribution is not a concern for us. Loss like this set would work well.

Honestly, it's between these and building a set of badlands coilovers and swapping them in.