Sponsored

Engine Bolt Pattern same between 2.3L and 2.7L?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
well damn, if those are md duty trucks, what the heck classifies a heavy duty? i guess you have to have a big ole semi truck to do that. /s ok that makes more sense.
Thats exactly what they are. I should have said MD instead of HD in my post but I figured most people would think I was talking about a Ranger:ROFLMAO:. HD is CDL only, Medium can be both CDL A, CDL B, and non CDL depending on weight and length of truck and or trailer. Light duty trucks are those lil 1 tons with their small 6 or so liter diesels.

Fun fact my 91 comanche with the 4.0 and D44 is rated for one metric ton payload. 2200lbs. With the load balanced to the front of the bed. Last week I hauled 4 loads. of 85lb blocks. 3 of those loads was 2150lb including driver. Rode just barely squatted in the rear with overload coil shocks. Braking was a little slow though.
Sponsored

Ballcuzzi

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru.. reserved Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Considering they are offering the 10 speed manual in both 2.3 and 2.7, I would say yes its the same.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work in the work truck aftermarket and know a lot about the Ford MD/HD transmissions. Last year was the close of the 6R140 in favor of the new 10R140 10 speed. Both of those transmission use the SAE 2 pattern for the 6.9 and 7.3l PowerStroke. The 10R80 found behind the 5.0 Coyote F150's use a different "Modular" pattern, but does have 4wd transfer case options.
If you MUST have a manual trans and 4wd, I would recommend you use any engine/manual trans you like and then add in the ATLAS transfer case with companion flange mounting for all 3 locations (trans, driveshafts f/r).
https://www.advanceadapters.com/add-to-cart.php?c=atlas-2-speed-trail-series

D K

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is no reason to speculate...

You will never know.

The Mustang has a different bolt pattern going from one engine to the other using the same transmission.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on what I could glean from 20 Ranger 2.3 w/10R80 vs. 20 F150 w2.7/10R80 they are COMPLETELY different. Even the starter mounting is totally different.

Ford Bronco Engine Bolt Pattern same between 2.3L and 2.7L? 27bell

Ford Bronco Engine Bolt Pattern same between 2.3L and 2.7L? 27starter

Ford Bronco Engine Bolt Pattern same between 2.3L and 2.7L? 23bell

Ford Bronco Engine Bolt Pattern same between 2.3L and 2.7L? 23starterboss

23starter.png

Last edited:

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
A computer can get you from point A to B better than a human can, and can even avoid nasty off road trails in the process so you stay comfortable for the whole trip. So why on earth would you ever buy a Bronco instead of a Tesla?

At some point, it’s not about what’s “Better”. It’s about what’s more fun.

(Please note that this was not directed at you personally as I realize you’re just continuing the thread. It’s just something I see parroted about a lot and it bugs me. I like my manuals, damnit!)
Right on!!!
Sponsored