Sponsored

Engine Bolt Pattern same between 2.3L and 2.7L?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Porsches didn't switch to automatic transmissions because the drivers could do it better. Oh, they're just rich fools with no skill, right? Race cars have launch control because at a certain point in the advancement of technology the technology can and will do it better than a human. That's the entire impetus of invention over the history of mankind.
Sponsored

OP
OP

teejayhoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Porsches didn't switch to automatic transmissions because the drivers could do it better. Oh, they're just rich fools with no skill, right? Race cars have launch control because at a certain point in the advancement of technology the technology can and will do it better than a human. That's the entire impetus of invention over the history of mankind.
A computer can get you from point A to B better than a human can, and can even avoid nasty off road trails in the process so you stay comfortable for the whole trip. So why on earth would you ever buy a Bronco instead of a Tesla?

At some point, it’s not about what’s “Better”. It’s about what’s more fun.

(Please note that this was not directed at you personally as I realize you’re just continuing the thread. It’s just something I see parroted about a lot and it bugs me. I like my manuals, damnit!)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A computer can get you from point A to B better than a human can, and can even avoid nasty off road trails in the process so you stay comfortable for the whole trip. So why on earth would you ever buy a Bronco instead of a Tesla?

(Please note that this was not directed at you personally as I realize you’re just continuing the thread. It’s just something I see parroted about a lot and it bugs me. I like my manuals, damnit!)
Mine was directed at someone who was claiming that humans are unquestionably better.

I'm ordering a manual Badlands, FYI, because that's more fun to me. I also hate that those manufacturers went with automatics, but they have reasons.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everyone is forgetting that there are 2 7 speeds. One for the bronco and whatever else they put it in. And one for the HD trucks that use the 7.3, they largely the same. So get the manual, get the pedals, throw a 600hp turbo kit at the 4 banger and have fun. By the time it blows you will be able to buy a wrecked HD truck, then find a techno genius for the wizard stuff and swap in your 7.3 7 speed. Dont forget the blower kit, I hear 900hp is the number.
Should be able to take that over some sweet jumps.

Sponsored

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Exactly! I'd probably be much happier if they just gave us good off-road hardware, and left out all the GOAT software modes. That would be so much less complex (and le$$ crap to go wrong), and might knock quite a bit off the price as well!

OP
OP

teejayhoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everyone is forgetting that there are 2 7 speeds. One for the bronco and whatever else they put it in. And one for the HD trucks that use the 7.3, they largely the same. So get the manual, get the pedals, throw a 600hp turbo kit at the 4 banger and have fun. By the time it blows you will be able to buy a wrecked HD truck, then find a techno genius for the wizard stuff and swap in your 7.3 7 speed. Dont forget the blower kit, I hear 900hp is the number.
Should be able to take that over some sweet jumps.
There’s a manual tranny for the HD trucks? I didn’t think ANY full sizzled truck came with a clutch pedal since Ram ended it in 2018.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t think ANY full sizzled truck came with a clutch pedal since Ram ended it in 2018.
You are 100% correct Ford has not had a manual truck F-350, F-250, F-150, Ranger since forever...

Big stink with the farmers here for work trucks but they found the automatics did the job better so now all is well.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s a manual tranny for the HD trucks? I didn’t think ANY full sizzled truck came with a clutch pedal since Ram ended it in 2018.
You are 100% correct Ford has not had a manual truck F-350, F-250, F-150, Ranger since forever...

Big stink with the farmers here for work trucks but they found the automatics did the job better so now all is well.
HD meaning f550, f650, f750. don't they come with an allison manual trans?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Engine Bolt Pattern same between 2.3L and 2.7L? 1595785887071

Im not sure what they are putting it in with the 800 Nm rating but it aint gonna be a focus. Being that the 7.3 godzilla is the HD motor for use in gas application F550, F650, F750. I am assuming that this is what that 22,000lb gross 590lbft torque transmission is going to paired to. If thats the case get the 4 banger with the pedals. Go wild, blow it up, go big and swap to Super Bronco status.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually this is perfect, the driver is either stuck because the tires are not correct for the terrain (either type or size), the rear axle/frame is buried, or both.

There’s no “tune” that can solve this issue, haD the driver had more ground clearance and more tire they would not be stuck.

Say I’m driving on the beach(NC specifically since they have very loose sand), what do I need? Lots of surface area on the sand. So wide minimally - aggressive tires, with about ~12-18 PSI (depending on tire). Finally lots of gearing to paddle through the sand without overheating anything.
I would caution to guess the people hoping the computer to save them wouldn’t realize the tires need to be aired down.
Have you noticed that none of the Bronco videos I've seen thus far show them aired down when they REALLY needed to?
The Georgia mud and trail videos, those tires looked like they were going to pop they were so hard, lol!
Need to look for a sand duneing video and see if there is any wheel hop happening with those aired up ballons.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HD meaning f550, f650, f750. don't they come with an allison manual trans?
The 650 & 750 are considered mid duty trucks and no manual transmissions listed on the 2021 order guide..did not see the 550 listed on this 2021 order guide

I do not stock MD truck or cab & chassis so I had to look them up.

Ford Bronco Engine Bolt Pattern same between 2.3L and 2.7L? 17.JPG

Ford Bronco Engine Bolt Pattern same between 2.3L and 2.7L? 18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are your feelings on ABS?
Ford and Gm products....
It's put me in more bad situations than it has gotten me out of????
Having a simple freeze joint bump set off the anti-lock on a hot August day on dry pavement, which then cut the braking to a minimum as I was approaching a red light on a hiway....not fun.

Happened so often I actually became used to/expected it and would counter it preemptively. Had to let off the brakes as I approached the bump , then get back on them.

Having it cut all the brakes on an icy road because one tire found a slick spot. No loss of control would have happened.

Having it cut all the brakes because the left tires were on clear pavement but the rights were on hard packed snow...again, no imminent loss of control. Those two tire would have kept me in a straight line, I was allowing plenty of time for the stop/turn....ended up cruising right on by the road with next to no brakes,,,,thank god there were no other cars ahead of me.

Countless times of ABS over-reactance on winter roads...taking me three times longer to stop then I could have done....

So yeah, they can keep that shit as far as I'm concerned.
But I understand, for all the Karens that go into full out panic mode at every turn in the road....every time somebody pulls out a bit too close....three flakes of snow have fallen...etc etc etc

Last edited:
OP
OP

teejayhoward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I googled that and came across a bunch of sites saying that's the tranny in the Bronco. Is this not the case? It's all old info I found.

edit: Aah, I see what you're saying. The Bronco may have the 550Nm version, but another vehicle could have the 800Nm version. Gotcha.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 650 & 750 are considered mid duty trucks and no manual transmissions listed on the 2021 order guide..did not see the 550 listed on this 2021 order guide

I do not stock MD truck or cab & chassis so I had to look them up.
well damn, if those are md duty trucks, what the heck classifies a heavy duty? i guess you have to have a big ole semi truck to do that. /s ok that makes more sense.
Sponsored