First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor, 08 Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you for sharing and very sorry for your loss. Got me in the feels for sure.
Sponsored

Jason519

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm still processing everything, and this is not the post I was hoping to share. I had meticulously planned my first camping road trip with my dog and Bronco. We were having the time of our lives, and he was such a strong, healthy, great dog. Everyone we encountered love saying hi to him. At 8.5 short years of living together, we had so many firsts on this trip.

Unfortunately on our 2nd to last night on the trip when we arrived at our motel, Thor suddenly became very ill. I thought he may have been motion sickness, as we had a rough day of driving in blizzard conditions. He had a rough night, struggling to keep down water, with no appetite and desire to go on walks. I extended our stay at the motel so he could rest, and by morning with no progress I was searching for nearby vets for urgent care. His stomach flipped (apparently common for larger chested dogs, I had never heard of), and his spleen was enlarged, amongst a nasty fever. They were shocked he was hanging in there as well as he did. He was such a tough dog. How quickly and unexpectedly everything had turned. I was not prepared to say goodbye, and have not been well.

He was my soulmate, and we were never separated. I adored him since I had him, and dedicated my life to making his the best. I am lucky to have so many wonderful memories with Thor, truly a special dog.

With that, I'd like to share some photos of our trip. It was about 3,500 miles from Austin, TX, up Big Sur, and back. The Bronco performed phenomenally, and my lifetime gas mileage went up almost 2.5 mpg (living in the city has equated low smiles per gallon).

First Day Lunch.jpg

Welcome to Texas.jpg

Hidden Bronco.jpg

Tent Nap.jpg

Bronco.jpg

Camptsite Hanging.jpg

BLM Near Tuscon.jpg

Thor sizes up Saguaro.jpg

Hidden Bronco 2.jpg

Desert Night Sky.jpg

Joshua Tree.jpg

Jumbo Rocks.jpg

Joshua Tree Walk.jpg

Jumbo Rocks Night.jpg

Jumbo Rocks Night 2.jpg

Summerland Beach.jpg

Big Sur.jpg

Kirk Creek Camp.jpg

Camp Lookout.jpg

Bunny Saga.jpg

Kirk Creek Sunset.jpg

Kirk Creek Sunrise.jpg

Green Valley.jpg

Gas Stop.jpg

Route 66 Needles.jpg

Locomotive Park.jpg

Sunset Crater Dispersed.jpg

Dispersed Camp.jpg

Forest Road.jpg

Flagstaff Motel.jpg

Snow Munching.jpg
Sorry for your loss same thing happened to one of my Bassett hounds in November road trip looks awesome

Pepperenavich

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry to hear about Thor and the sudden loss. He is a beautiful dog. Our family is getting ready for the inevitable with our 10 year old Boxer/Ridgeback mix and took him to Merus Adventure Park over spring break for some wheeling. Hoping to get a few more trips in with him.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ugh. That's so tragic. Sorry for your loss. At least he went out on a great adventure.

Jaydentrost

Black Diamond
First Name
Jayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm still processing everything, and this is not the post I was hoping to share. I had meticulously planned my first camping road trip with my dog and Bronco. We were having the time of our lives, and he was such a strong, healthy, great dog. Everyone we encountered love saying hi to him. At 8.5 short years of living together, we had so many firsts on this trip.

Unfortunately on our 2nd to last night on the trip when we arrived at our motel, Thor suddenly became very ill. I thought he may have been motion sickness, as we had a rough day of driving in blizzard conditions. He had a rough night, struggling to keep down water, with no appetite and desire to go on walks. I extended our stay at the motel so he could rest, and by morning with no progress I was searching for nearby vets for urgent care. His stomach flipped (apparently common for larger chested dogs, I had never heard of), and his spleen was enlarged, amongst a nasty fever. They were shocked he was hanging in there as well as he did. He was such a tough dog. How quickly and unexpectedly everything had turned. I was not prepared to say goodbye, and have not been well.

He was my soulmate, and we were never separated. I adored him since I had him, and dedicated my life to making his the best. I am lucky to have so many wonderful memories with Thor, truly a special dog.

With that, I'd like to share some photos of our trip. It was about 3,500 miles from Austin, TX, up Big Sur, and back. The Bronco performed phenomenally, and my lifetime gas mileage went up almost 2.5 mpg (living in the city has equated low smiles per gallon).

First Day Lunch.jpg

Welcome to Texas.jpg

Hidden Bronco.jpg

Tent Nap.jpg

Bronco.jpg

Camptsite Hanging.jpg

BLM Near Tuscon.jpg

Thor sizes up Saguaro.jpg

Hidden Bronco 2.jpg

Desert Night Sky.jpg

Joshua Tree.jpg

Jumbo Rocks.jpg

Joshua Tree Walk.jpg

Jumbo Rocks Night.jpg

Jumbo Rocks Night 2.jpg

Summerland Beach.jpg

Big Sur.jpg

Kirk Creek Camp.jpg

Camp Lookout.jpg

Bunny Saga.jpg

Kirk Creek Sunset.jpg

Kirk Creek Sunrise.jpg

Green Valley.jpg

Gas Stop.jpg

Route 66 Needles.jpg

Locomotive Park.jpg

Sunset Crater Dispersed.jpg

Dispersed Camp.jpg

Forest Road.jpg

Flagstaff Motel.jpg

Snow Munching.jpg
Hopefully you still had some fun yourself and can enjoy the memories you two had together
Sponsored